40-Year-Old Cult Catfish-Man Movie Zaat Spawning Blu-ray and a Sequel

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Undead Backbrain

Source Url:

http://undeadbrainspasm.blogspot.com/2011/10/exclusive-sequel-to-classic-creature.html

Post Thumb:

/oct11/zaats.jpg

And here I thought that story I wrote a few weeks back about a Giant Spider Invasion musical was the most unlikely Seventies b-movie reboot news of the year. Now comes word that the 1971 catfish-man flick Zaat is getting the DVD/Blu-ray treatment (not surprising), and a sequel is in the works (very surprising).

You may also know this strange tale of a mad scientist who transforms himself into a catfish-man determined to mate with a female and create a new master race of walking catfish (seriously!) by a slew of alternate titles under which it has been released over the years. Elvira presented it back in the Eighties as Attack of the Swamp Creature. Hydra is another title it has gone by. It is probably most recognized by the title The Blood Waters of Dr. Z, the title used when it was lampooned on “Mystery Science Theater 3000”.

Undead Backbrain brings the news that Zaat will be coming to DVD/Blu-ray under its original obtuse title sometime in mid-December. Synergy Entertainment will be releasing a special 40th anniversary special edition of Zaat under its Cultra label. A special commentary track with the some of the surviving cast and crew will be included, which is rather impressive since it was made 40 years ago.

Zaat filmmaker Don Barton is holding a special 40th anniversary theatrical screening this Sunday night at the 5 Points Theater in Jacksonville, Florida. More importantly, it is there that Barton will spill the beans on his plan to make a sequel that will carry the title Darn Monster.

Darn Monster? Really?

I would have gone with That Darn Zaat.

40 Year Old Cult Catfish-Man Movie Zaat Spawning Blu-ray and a Sequel

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Smell something fishy in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized