See if Your Fears Are Shared on Animal Planet’s My Extreme Animal Phobia

default-featured-image
Source Name:

“My Extreme Animal Phobia” on Animal Planet

Source Url:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/my-extreme-animal-phobia/

Post Thumb:

/oct11/phobiathumb.jpg

It may seem reasonable to be deathly afraid of snakes, but what if you were terrified of moths, grasshoppers, or even puppies? A phobia can become so intense it transforms everyday behavior in a way that could make you laugh — if it didn’t actually reduce you to terror or tears! Watch Dr. Robin Zasio helps desperate adults face their fears on Animal Planet’s “My Extreme Animal Phobia” starting October 21st.

From the Press Release:
What is a phobic person to do? Many desperate adults turn to the Anxiety Treatment Center of Sacramento, run by psychologist Dr. Robin Zasio. In Animal Planet’s brand-new series “MY EXTREME ANIMAL PHOBIA”, premiering Friday, October 21st, at 10 PM (ET/PT), viewers meet the following: Jahara, a mother who is afraid to open windows or turn on her air conditioner for fear that spiders or bugs will get in her home; Marvin, a burly, tattooed, motorcycle-riding family man who won’t spend time outside with his kids because of his traumatic terror of pit bulls; and Seth, a San Francisco musician who utterly is terrified of snakes. With the guidance of Dr. Zasio, they are about to change their lives forever. The only problem… things have to get a lot worse before they can get better.

See if Your Fears Are Shared on Animal Planet's My Extreme Animal Phobia

In each hour-long episode of “MY EXTREME ANIMAL PHOBIA”, three people embark on a five-day, live-in course of intensive exposure therapy. They achieve remarkable results to beat the fear that has taken a firm grip on their lives. Whether wild animals or domestic pets, including roaches, cats, lizards, spiders, dogs, birds, snakes, pigeons, bees, bats, and even moths, exposure therapy is highly effective – and very entertaining.

“When something so intense or a fear so overwhelming runs your life to such a powerful degree, it’s a serious problem we need to address,” says Dr. Zasio, who has 20 years of experience treating anxiety and regularly has appeared on A&E’s “Hoarders”.

“MY EXTREME ANIMAL PHOBIA” is a production of RelativityREAL for Animal Planet. Tom Forman, Julie Jones, Jon Beyer, and Brad Bishop are executive producers for RelativityREAL. Lisa Lucas is the executive producer for Animal Planet.

I’m not ashamed to admit that thanks to Hitchcock I have a pretty extreme phobia myself of birds. What’s yours?

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Share your phobia in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized