FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Anyone keeping up with the WWE?
The Unknown Murderer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I've been watching wrestling since the 80's when Backlund was the champ and before Rocky III made Hogan a star and I've stuck with it through the ups and downs...But these days it's just getting on my nerves.

There's so many things that make me scratch my head...

No mid-card title on Smackdown...So then tell me what purpose do the mid-card guys have if not vying for a belt? Or rather, what chance do they have of getting a better push?

Which brings me to my next point. Mr. Kennedy. This guy has the potential to be a top character in the company because he's a good worker and has great mic skills (let's face it...All you need to be a star in the WWE is good mic skills) and yet they've fucked him booking him every step of the way. First of all, this guy won a Money in the Bank match which means he was poised for either a WWE or World Title reign...He gets mis-diagnosed for an injury and they make him drop it to Edge...When they find out he'll only be out for a month and a half they SHOULD have had him go right after Edge, but instead they put him on Raw. Uhm...OK...Then week after week he jobs out to nearly everyone on the roster...

Then they turn him face for no good reason, have him take out Regal, build him up on Raw and then dump him on Smackdown with NO MID-CARD BELT! Ok, fine. Build him up here as a face then find a way for him to bring the belt back. Nope, they basically had him squashed by Umaga both on TV and a dark match before the Bash.

What the fuck are they doing with him?

CM PUNK is champ? Not a fan of the guy but fuck it, let's run with it...Oh wait, this guy wins the belt like a bitch, and then hasn't had a SINGLE successful (I mean clean) title defense since he won the belt. Do they know that they put the title on someone who doesn't appear to be able to do it on his own? Terrible, terrible writing/booking.

The ONLY thing they're doing right is Jericho.

Absolutely agree with you. I would like to see things work with Punk, but creative is just jerking everyone around so far.

It's obvious they don't have any real confidence in CM yet, though the beating he gave Batista Monday night made me think that he could be more than a contender for a belt he already has. On the negative side of that beating, it was unbelievable because the work made me wonder if Batista could wrestle at all, he was jobbing so hard!

With Kennedy, I was royally pissed when he was drafted back to Smackdown. Who's retarded idea was that? After Kennedy's been pushed, he's minimized, pushed (?), then minimized, well...who did he piss off? We all know that politics rule in WWE.

Santino is the funniest guy in the company IMO. Now he's suckin' face with Beth Phoenix? What?
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

The Unknown Murderer wrote:

Santino is the funniest guy in the company IMO. Now he's suckin' face with Beth Phoenix? What?

I can't believe I forgot Santino...The guy is a comedic genuis...He's way too funny to keep a heel though and they'll fuck that up too.
The Unknown Murderer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
The Unknown Murderer wrote:

I can't believe I forgot Santino...The guy is a comedic genuis...He's way too funny to keep a heel though and they'll fuck that up too.

They probably will mess it up. I can't imagine Santino turning face again, unless they do a face/heel like they did with Piper, Flair, etc. He's a heel, but over, you know? I just don't know.

I sure as hell don't want him to lose to everyone just because it's funny, though, which is what they've been doing with him for months...oh hey, look!

They're already messing it up!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:41 am  Reply with quote

Raw is officially the stupidest thing on TV.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:53 am  Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Foywonder
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:46 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

In case you haven't heard...
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:41 am  Reply with quote

And still, it's better news that what happened on Raw.
The Unknown Murderer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:26 pm  Reply with quote

They had better do something good with this Mike Adamle (is that even possible?), or I may stop watching for awhile.

When it was announced, my wife turned to me and said 'What? Who's that?'

Then, I had to explain that he's the guy who botches the names of wrestlers when he calls matches.

Yippee.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:04 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Rottenjesus wrote:

Two months of good will, flushed down the toilet in an instant.

Raw had me and then they lost me.

The worse part is, in the aftermath of all this, now everyone on the Wrestlecrap board is lining up to blow Adamle. The fact that they're making him the head of Raw is a slap in the face of the people who are working hard behind the scenes. The guy's a melonhead, pure and simple.

At a certain point, a joke ends up being not funny. My dislike for the man will never let me like him, no matter how he turns out as a character. Seriously, fuck him, and fuck Raw.

Oh, and Batista and Cena are now tag champs because they're facing each other at Summerslam.

Thank god for Ring Of Honor.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 am  Reply with quote

Did Coach get fired? I haven't been watching lately.

He's now an anchor on ESPN.
JJWuniverse
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 pm  Reply with quote

I'm soooo sick of Shawn Micheals!!!!!!!

Really, I swear if the guy "loses" his smile one more time I'll have to hunt him down myself!!

Great for Jericho, at the moment. 'Cause you know it's coming, they'll bury Jericho with shawn. They should let this thing go on for several months, unresolved or with Jericho constantly going over....but I doubt that'll happen. I mean come on, I was shocked when Jecricho went over in the first place (even though that's what I wanted).

Dear Shawn,

Please go the F^^K away. Thank you

That's sad to say too. I was a HUGE Micheals fan back in the day. Ever since the Rockers I've always liked him. Until his return. He just isn't the same, to worried about GOD instead of whats good for buisness.

And don't give me no "It's good to see someone take a stand." Because someone else already took that stand years ago.....and he got screwed......and shawn was involved.

Watch the DVD: Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows

The truth is all there, and the truth shall set you free
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:23 am  Reply with quote

Texas Horror wrote:
Did Coach get fired? I haven't been watching lately.

He's now an anchor on ESPN.

Coach left to pursue the job. Foley's gone, too, and should be appearing on TNA anytime now, depending on when or if his 90-day no compete clause kicks in, if he has one.

The rumor is both were sick of Vince yelling at them in their headsets when they were doing PBP.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
JJWuniverse
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:39 am  Reply with quote

Welp, they dropped the ball again. Annoyed
I mean seriously, this thing has been building up for weeks.....and the suits let us down. Sad
For the past couple of months this angle has been the most entertaining thing going on RAW. Every single week I look forward to the angle to see what's going to happen next Very Happy
Then they just abruptly end the angle. Of course I'm talking about Santino Marella's quest to be the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all times! This angle has provided me with so many laughs and kept me awake (unlike seeing Shawn Micheals for the billionth time). How can you beat the Honk-a-meter? Well, you get the Honka-Perfect-Mountie-meter of course!
Then just out of the blue they let Regal win it. Confused
I really expected Santino to keep the title for a long time. I would have booked it to last right up to the last minute, and have a huge upset the week before he tied the record.....maybe even letting Honkytonk Man himself win the title for a short (very short) run.

Who else is sick and tired of 72 Cena promos per show? And a championship match the night of his return......soon as they announced that I knew Jericho would win it back so Cena and Batista can fued over it down the road.

Speaking of Jericho, please stop wearing the trunks and go back to the long tights, you look like an AssClown.

So, they've decided to make Jeff Hardy edgier by turning him into a Joker type character? Cool if it works. I've always liked the Hardys, and loved that he went over the Undertaker this week and goes up against HHH next week.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, there's a lot of balls that WWE is dropping lately. I just fear what's Christian's final fate there is going to be like (hint: flunky to either Edge or Jericho).

JJWuniverse
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:37 am  Reply with quote

Okay, I'm 99% done with RAW.

Thank you, Thank you clumsy ass for returning and ruining everything. And thank you Vince, thank you for loosing your touch on reality and giving pushes and titles to people who don't deserve it. Thank you for shoving Cena down our throats and out our ass's. I wish no real ill will toward they guy, just sick of him, he's worse than Hogan during the 80's.

At least Smackdown keeps it interesting. I'll stick with the new flagship 'cause RAW is just slipping faster and faster into becoming WCW Thunder!!!