The Devil’s Mile Wraps! First Still Appears!

default-featured-image
Source Name:

The Devil’s Mile on Facebook

Source Url:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Devils-Mile/275121199171744

Post Thumb:

/aug11/devmiles.jpg

We’ve been talking about indie flick The Devil’s Mile for a while now around these parts, and some good news has come our way for those looking forward to it. Read on for all the details as well as the very first still!

From the Press Release
Filming has completed on The Devil’s Mile, the feature directorial debut of screenwriter Joseph O’Brien (Robocop: Prime Directives), who most recently collaborated with filmmaker and Rue Morgue founder Rodrigo Gudino on the screenplay for the Gudino-directed remake of Cutthroats Nine starring Mads Mikkelsen and Harvey Keitel.

“It’s been a wild ride,” says O’Brien of his first time in the director’s chair. “Guns, chases, vehicular manslaughter, demonically-resurrected murder victims, slashed throats and one seriously nasty mauling (the latter three courtesy of makeup FX maestro Allan Cooke). On top of all that we shot a vicious knock-down drag-out fight between Casey Hudecki and David Hayter for the climax. They just went for it and delivered one of the most brutal things I’ve ever seen.”

“It was an epic brawl with a true star,” says Hayter of his co-star. Hayter plays Toby McTeague, the psychotic mob enforcer who finds his own violent tendencies don’t hold a candle to the terrifying supernatural forces that lurk on the bleak stretch of back road known as The Devil’s Mile. “When I read the script, I knew exactly what I wanted him to be, and Joe gave me the license to just totally go for it with the performance.”

“It was such a blast working with David,” says O’Brien of the actor and X-Men scribe. “The energy and enthusiasm he brought, not just to his own character, but the entire production, has been inspiring. During filming he told me the first time he’d played Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid, he knew he was going to be a hit with fans, and the only other time he’s felt that about a character since was playing Toby in The Devil’s Mile.”

Joining Hayter and Hudecki on this terrifying journey are Maria Del Mar (“24”, Terminal City, Jekyll + Hyde) and Frank Moore (best known to genre fans for his lead role in David Cronenberg’s Rabid opposite the late Marilyn Chambers) as crimelord Mr. Arkadi, whose machinations set the sinister events of The Devil’s Mile in motion. Handling special makeup and monster effects is Allan Cooke (Resident Evil: Afterlife, Silent Hill, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer).

Synopsis
A relentlessly-paced hybrid of gritty crime thriller and Lovecraftian supernatural horror, The Devil’s Mile follows a trio of kidnappers who take an ill-advised detour en route to deliver their hostages — two teenage girls — to their mysterious and powerful employer. When they accidentally kill one of the girls during a botched escape attempt, their simmering mistrust explodes into shocking violence. But what they thought was their worst case scenario is only the beginning, as they are engulfed by the hellish forces that haunt the road — a road they realize they may never escape. Now captors and captive must fight together to escape the monstrous forces pursuing them and somehow survive… THE DEVIL’S MILE.

The Devil's Mile Wraps! First Still Appears!

The Devil's Mile Wraps! First Still Appears!

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Walk a mile in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized