And the Director of Hatchet 3 Is …

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/aug11/hatchet.jpg

The guessing games are officially over, kids. A director has been hand-picked for the next entry in the Hatchet franchise, and it is NOT Adam Green! Read on for all the details.

From the Press Release
BJ McDonnell, who as cameraman helped make Hatchet and Hatchet II two of the most effective slasher films of recent years, will make his directorial debut on HATCHET 3. The long-awaited announcement was made today by franchise creator Adam Green. Green, who wrote and directed the first two films in the series, will work closely with McDonnell on all aspects of the production.

HATCHET 3 is a co-production of ArieScope Pictures and Dark Sky Films, a subsidiary of MPI Media Group.

The movie will continue the story of fearsome villain Victor Crowley, the iconic killer who first made his gruesome mark in 2007’s groundbreaking Hatchet. Green’s Hatchet II made headlines as the first unrated independent horror film to be exhibited by a major chain (AMC Theatres) in more than 25 years when it opened last fall and went on to become a bestselling DVD and On-Demand title. With cast and other production details to be announced shortly, HATCHET 3 will continue where Hatchet 2 left off, as a young woman sought revenge on the malevolent monster that killed her family while they were fishing in Louisiana swamp country.

Over the last decade BJ McDonnell has been the camera operator on major Hollywood blockbusters and independent productions, including Battle Los Angeles, Rob Zombie’s Halloween, MacGruber, Spiral, TV’s “Heroes”, The Darkest Hour, and director William Friedkin’s Killer Joe, and he is currently in Pittsburgh shooting One Shot, starring Tom Cruise.

McDonnell said, “I’ve been with the Hatchet team from the very beginning and am honored and thrilled that Adam has handed me the reins on this third movie. I grew up watching horror films, and like Adam Green, I’m a true genre fan at heart. I have been waiting for an opportunity like this to step up and make my directorial debut with something I love and know inside and out. Working together with Adam, we plan to make a kick-ass movie!”

Adam Green said, “BJ was not only the camera operator on the first two Hatchet movies. He was there alongside me creating every shot, working closely with me to craft each scene, moment, outrageous kill, and performance. He is absolutely beloved by the entire Hatchet family, and his experience on everything from huge studio films to smaller independent productions will ensure that he will do the franchise proud.”

In addition to the Hatchet films, ArieScope’s other productions include Frozen, Spiral, and Grace. MPI/Dark Sky Films has produced and distributed such popular genre titles as The House of the Devil, Stake Land, The Innkeepers, and the upcoming Frankenstein’s Army.

And the Director of Hatchet 3 is ... BJ McDonnell

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Raise your Hatchet high the comments section below.

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized