Did Poots and Eisenberg’s New Sci-Fi Thriller Just Spoil Its Ending With Its Title?

I don’t mean to be mean but…

Boy, Lorcan Finnegan’s upcoming sci-fi thriller Vivarium starring Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg has one of the most unsubtle plots I’ve ever read. The film follows “a couple who find themselves trapped in a maze of identical houses and forced to raise an otherworldly child.”

And if that doesn’t have you nodding your head in a ‘look how clever’ way, then maybe this will. The film’s title means… “An enclosure, container, or structure adapted or prepared for keeping animals under seminatural conditions for observation or study or as pets.”

So it seems what we have here’s a film that not only thinks we don’t see the metaphor in its premise but very well may have it spoiled its own ending with its title. Am I being mean? My apologies if I am. All of this just struck me like a ton of bricks as I read through the press release.

Oh, well. At least the movie has Poots and Eisenberg going for it.

Are you excited for Vivarium starring Poots and Eisenberg? Make sure to let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

The film is directed by Lorcan Finnegan, produced by Brendan McCarthy and John McDonnell and stars Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg. XYZ Films will be selling the film in Cannes. Production will begin in Ireland this July.

Synopsis:

Poots will play a young woman who, along with her fiancé (Eisenberg) is in search of the perfect starter home. After following a mysterious real estate agent to a new housing development, the couple finds themselves trapped in a maze of identical houses and forced to raise an otherworldly child.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: