Will Stephen King’s THE LONG WALK Make a Good Movie?

I often ask friends and family what Stephen King book they would like to see adapted for the big screen and 9/10 times they always answer The Long Walk. True story.

I have yet to read the book myself, which was published under King’s famous pseudonym Richard Bachman, but it is always high on my must-read list.

And I’d better get to it sooner rather than later as today we have word via THR that the book is being adapted into a film from screenwriter James Vanderbilt (The Amazing Spider-Man, White House Down).

Vanderbilt will produce with Bradley Fischer and William Sherak and Mythology Entertainment’s Tracey Nyberg will executive produce for New Line Cinema.

Do you think Stephen King’s The Long Walk will make a good movie? Let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Synopsis:

First published in 1979, Long Walk is set in a future dystopian America ruled by an authoritarian. The country holds an annual walking contest in which 100 teens must journey, non-stop and under strict rules, until only one of them is still standing alive to receive the prize. The story told of a 16-year-old walker named Raymond Garraty and the teens — some good, some bad, some mysterious — in his orbit.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: