Tarantino: “ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD Closest Thing to Pulp Fiction I’ve Done”

In the summer of 2019, Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, and (possibly) Margot Robbie will be teaming up for a new flick (possibly) centered around and/or involving the Mason Family called Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Quentin Tarantino and Leonardo DiCaprio recently hit up CinemaCon and our buddies over at JoBlo heard them speak a bit about their upcoming collaboration.

In 2019 at the end of the summer, August, as they’re setting off the last explosion of the last franchise movie of the summer, Sony and myself will be coming to the theaters with the most exciting star dynamic duo since Robert Redford and Paul Newman,” Tarantino said. “Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

He continues: “It all is very hush-hush and top secret and under wraps. So, I can’t really go into any big details of the story. But, what I can tell you is that Once Upon A Time In Hollywood takes place during the Hollywood era of 1969. It takes place at the height of the counterculture explosion. It takes place at the time of the hippie revolution and it takes place at the height of new Hollywood. And, during this summer, little by little, block by block, we will be transforming Los Angeles into the psychedelic era of Hollywood in 1969 to be prepared for 2019.”

After all that (and more) DiCaprio was then given the chance to speak, saying:

It’s hard to speak about a film that we haven’t done yet. We haven’t shot a frame on, but I’m incredibly excited, like I’m sure many of you are, to see a new Quentin Tarantino movie. I’m a huge fan of this guy. Very excited to work with Brad Pitt on this film and I think that he’s [Tarantino] gonna transport us into a different era.”

He continues: “I’m a huge fan of Singin’ in the Rain, for example. Movies about Hollywood. The backstory and the mechanics of how Hollywood works. As an L.A. native being immersed in this era and time and the way he’s gonna do it with such incredible authenticity and I can tell you having read the script already it’s one of the most amazing screenplays he’s ever written and that’s saying a lot because he’s done some masterworks in cinema history. So, I’m very excited to work on the film and we’re gonna do our best job to make it fantastic and I think we will.”

Tarantino then adds: “This is probably the closest to Pulp Fiction I’ve done, as opposed to a movie that really is a Los Angeles movie and it deals with a couple of lead characters, but a lot of wild supporting characters that kind of make a blanket throughout the town.”

Are you excited about this new film? Make sure to hit us up and let us know what you think in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram!

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood hits theaters August 2019.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: