AMC to Introduce The Talking Dead After The Walking Dead

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Deadline

Source Url:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/amc-picks-up-live-after-show-talking-dead/

Post Thumb:

/may11/twdthumb.jpg

Remember that possible talk show idea AMC had to air after “The Walking Dead”? Well, it’s no longer just a possibility. In fact it’s just been announced as a full-on rock solid bit of programming. Read on for details.

According to Deadline AMC is launching “Talking Dead”, the network’s first live after-show that will discuss AMC’s series “The Walking Dead”. The half-hour program, produced by Michael Davies’ Embassy Row and hosted by Chris Hardwick, will premiere October 16th, immediately following the encore presentation of “The Walking Dead”. Then beginning on Friday, November 4th, the series premieres after “The Walking Dead”’s encore presentation at 11 PM. The project was originally piloted last month. “Fans of The Walking Dead are incredibly engaged with every aspect of the show. They tweet, blog, and post comments in very large numbers, and we wanted to give them an opportunity to interact with the show in a way that they don’t currently have — a kind of live water cooler,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s SVP original programming, production and digital content.

“Talking Dead” will feature Hardwick talking to fans, actors, producers, and TV enthusiasts, recapping the most recent “Dead” episode and taking questions and comments from viewers. “As an enormous fan of both The Walking Dead comic and television show, I pretty much begged for this job,” Hardwick said. “Dissecting the moves of Rick Grimes and the remaining survivors after every episode is something I would be doing with my friends anyway so the fact that AMC is actually paying me to do so is a bonus.

Let’s just hope that paycheck doesn’t come at the expense of the series’ budget, okay Chris?

To stay up-to-the-minute on all things walker related, follow @WalkingDead_AMC on Twitter and visit “The Walking Dead” on Facebook. For more be sure to hit up the official “The Walking Dead” page on AMC.com.

AMC to Introduce The Talking Dead After The Walking Dead

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
“Like” us on the Dread Central Facebook Fan Page!

Discuss “The Walking Dead” in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized