Eduardo Sanchez Talks Third Blair Witch Project

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Bloody Disgusting

Post Thumb:

/sep11/bwp.jpg

Like it, love it, or hate it, The Blair Witch Project defined the cinéma vérité style horror films that have exploded over the last few years. Without it we’d have no Paranormal Activity, no [REC] franchise, etc. Talk of a third entry, despite the horrid second film, has been going on for years; and we have the latest for you right here!

It’s completely up to Lionsgate,” Sanchez tells Bloody Disgusting. “Dan and I are ready to do it. We’ve been toying around with a sequel idea that we really like. It’s just a matter of getting our schedules in line and having Lionsgate sign off on the idea. We’ve been ready to do a ‘Blair Witch’ movie for a long time. We’re as close as we’ve ever been to making it happen, but it’s still not a guaranteed thing.

Even better … the duo are looking to ignore Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2.

I actually liked the sequel, but at the same time it exists in a world outside of the movie. So if we want to do a sequel to ‘Blair Witch Project,’ we have to stay in that world, which ‘Book of Shadows’ didn’t [do]. ‘Book of Shadows’ created a different world. It’s like if the sequel to ‘Jaws’ started with shots of people lined up to see ‘Jaws’ in the movie theater. For ‘Book of Shadows’ it worked in a certain way, but to me my biggest gripe with Artisan was you shouldn’t have called it ‘Blair Witch 2.’ It would’ve been fine to call it ‘Blair Witch Chronicles’. It wasn’t really a sequel to our movie so it would be a direct sequel to our film living in that mythology of Burkittsville, being possessed, haunted by something.

Not into the whole hand-held shaky cam thing anymore? Here’s more good news.

Right now the idea has no first person in it at all, but we’ll see,” Sanchez said. “There’s always room for new ideas to come in. The plan is to have [Heather Donahue, Joshua Leonard and Michael C. Williams] back. They’re probably not going to be the main characters, but they’re definitely characters in the sequel.”

Excited yet? Lord knows we are! Come on, Lionsgate! Make it so!

The Blair Witch Project

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be part of the project in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized