FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Pirates Of The Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest
Lunablix
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:43 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I can't wait to see this. It opens Friday. And I'll be there. I loved the first. I'm surprised no one else had made a thread about this. So who else is going? I am excited about this one alot. Smile
DW Bostaph Jr
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:02 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The first film was such a suprise. I just hope they are able to recapture lightning in the bottle of rum one more, or two more times.

The design for Davy Jones has me interested, natch. I also like that they are not just doing another skeleton pirate movie. I am fairly shocked that they did not just carbon copy the formula for the first one and run away with it. Do not get me wrong, the new ideas look good, and as long as the tone, dialogue, and pacing stay similar, I fail to see how this one can go wrong.

Plus... Depp's inspired performance. I think our own UC is the only person in the western hemisphere who finds the portrayal of Cpt. Jack Sparrow anything less than genious.

I will be seeing it. Then waiting for At World's End
Lunablix
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:33 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I do too also hope they can catch that same magic that the first one had. I wish this one was gonna be in IMAX.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

Well this sequel is going to prove if the first one was a fluke. If they can't capture that same magic like the original I see no hope for the third film. I do think Johnny Depp will steal "Dead Man's Chest" all by himself.
Sonny
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:23 am  Reply with quote

Probably my #1 anticipated movie this Summer. I absolutely adore the first film, undead Pirates? Hell that's so cool. The effects in this one looks really amazing, but the great thing is, the first one knew how to have fun, never once did it take itself too seriously and this one looks to be the same way.
I don't know where the hell Johnny Depp pulled Sparrow from, but I guess that makes him one of the best actors of his generation, if not THE best.
The Buz
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:30 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Ill be seeing it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it is.
Mina Harker
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:08 am  Reply with quote

And dammit, just how do you rate???? Tomorrow???? Twisted Evil

I digress, what I really meant to say that skeptical as I was at first, Johnny Depp and that movie just blew me away! Very Happy

Of course, there's my feelings that Johnny Depp is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

"Ohhhhhh Chick"
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:21 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

Lord Cthulhu wrote:
Plus... Depp's inspired performance. I think our own UC is the only person in the western hemisphere who finds the portrayal of Cpt. Jack Sparrow anything less than genious.

He's not the only one. Razz

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel now that I know what to expect from Depp. Plus, there's Bill Nighy -- I adore that man!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:44 pm  Reply with quote

The first one was fun the first time I saw it...The second time I was like "meh, I'll never watch that again" and I haven't....I want to see this new one because I'm pretty much a fan of all involved and I'm sure it will be like the first one...A good time and not much more...
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
The first one was fun the first time I saw it...The second time I was like "meh, I'll never watch that again" and I haven't....I want to see this new one because I'm pretty much a fan of all involved and I'm sure it will be like the first one...A good time and not much more...

Hell I saw it in the theater once, and that was the only time. It's not like I didn't like the movie, it a fun adventure flick. I just didn't have any desire to see it again or to own the DVD. Sort of like the Blair Which Project.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:27 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:

Hell I saw it in the theater once, and that was the only time. It's not like I didn't like the movie, it a fun adventure flick. I just didn't have any desire to see it again or to own the DVD. Sort of like the Blair Which Project.

I rented it on DVD for my girlfriend and that's when I saw it the second time...I then got it as a gift for XMAS, never openned it, and returned it to get Ring/Rings, which I returned The Ring and got a gift card...
Amaya
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:54 pm  Reply with quote

come hell or high water, i'm a be in the theater friday night to see this.. and all my friends will hate me cuz i'm making them come with at least an hour before start time.... im picky about my seats >.>
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

The Woman In Black wrote:
Plus, there's Bill Nighy -- I adore that man!

ZOMG, I love him as an actor, but every time I talk to someone about "Bill Nighy", they always say "the science guy?" Grrr...

But I digress. Definitely looking forward to this movie.
Tristan Sinns
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I have something to confess. I have never seen the first one. I don't know why. I just...didn't.

I am sorry.

But I'll see this one! Maybe I'll pick up the first and check it out Friday night or something, then see this one Saturday and it'll be a Pirates (arrrrrrrrrr) weekend.
The Last Exorcism
Piranha 3D
Amaya
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:01 am  Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

you really should, it's a great movie, depp was awesome (at least imo)