FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Anyone keeping up with the WWE?
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Rottenjesus wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:
And you're still watching it? Are you a sadist or something? Wink

Can we talk about actual wrestling or what?

Quote:
In regard to the potential partnership with Mexico's AAA, Ring of Honor noted, "ROH's top officials and AAA's top officials recently met face-to-face in Manhattan, NY to discuss talent exchanges and other ventures. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but talks have been very positive. It looks like partnership is developing between ROH, AAA and Pro Wrestling NOAH. ROH also has Dragon Gate, FIP and SHIMMER as partners. The NWA World Heavyweight Title is also now in ROH. This means that ROH has working relationships with NOAH, Dragon Gate, FIP, SHIMMER, NWA and a growing one with AAA."

Unlike some negative nancies on the WC boards...I'm looking really forward to the Title vs. Title match between McGuinness and Pearce. Hell, I can't think of a better promotion to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title in right now. I've also put my money where my mouth is and ordered my first three ROH dvds today: Manhattan Mayhem II, Dragon Gate Challenge II and Supercard of Honor III. They'll hold me over until I can get the new Ric Flair, ROH compilation and PWG discs. Cool

I have to get 6 Year Anniversary sometime, just because I may be on it.

The AAA relationship interests me, but it seems like it may be driving a lot of their homegrown talent away, since the rumor is Konnan wants to book more American wrestlers on the show.

I hope they book AOTF against The Hell Brothers. Or like I said on Wrestlecrap, I want to see Cibernetico Vs Generico.

OLE VERSUS CIBE!!!

I would pay good money to see that. Yes I would. As for the AAA homegrown talent leaving because of this...it's their choice but you don't see wrestlers in NOAH or DRAGON GATE leaving because of ROH wrestlers appearing in their promotions.

You were at the 6th Anniversary Show? Now I'm officially jealous.

It was a decent show, but Manhattan Massacre 2, my first ROH show, was much better. The show I saw after that, Glory By Honor 6, got extra benefit from seeing Misawa Vs, KENTA, and me being able to throw streamers for the first time. Razz

BUT 6th Anniversary gets props because I caught the ROH shirt Danielson threw into the crowd. He even pointed our way after I caught it and displayed it. The funny thing was, I moved over to that side of the arena after being invited by two guys I knew who had better seats. Never would have caught it if I hadn't moved.

I fully plan on going down in August for the next show at the Hammerstein. MCMG's, bay-beeee!!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

GAH.

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods when an ROH show rolls around...we should hang out at one or something. Then I can throttle you and take all your zombie action figures and replace them with John Cena ones. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:36 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
GAH.

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods when an ROH show rolls around...we should hang out at one or something. Then I can throttle you and take all your zombie action figures and replace them with John Cena ones. Twisted Evil

...You son of a bitch.

Very Happy

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:27 am  Reply with quote

Haven't watched WWE in years, but I have been keeping up with FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling), which is owned by the WWE. The events are held in a town about 15 miles outside of Tampa.

A number of wrestlers now shown on the WWE roster came from there including the latest edition: Ted DiBiase Jr.!
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:03 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Haven't watched WWE in years, but I have been keeping up with FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling), which is owned by the WWE. The events are held in a town about 15 miles outside of Tampa.

A number of wrestlers now shown on the WWE roster came from there including the latest edition: Ted DiBiase Jr.!

Apparently, FCW's a pretty wild place, as is evident with the multiple people being arrested for DUI's there.

Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:24 am  Reply with quote

OK, so...PUNK IS THE WORLD'S CHAMP!! GAHHHH!!!!

*Runs around room*

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 am  Reply with quote

That's awesome but....it would've been much cooler if he'd cashed in his MITB shot just before the GREAT AMERICAN BASH to challenge Edge for the title. Then had gone on for a wild 25 plus minute WHC title match that would have really cemented Punk as a main eventer.

Still, it's great to see Punk with such a historic belt around his waist. Very Happy

P.S. Much better than Mark Henry being the WWECW Champion. *shudder*
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:09 am  Reply with quote

Do I ruin wrestling by shamelessly supporting John Morrisson? Because seriously, that man is...ahem, anyway, wake me up when they realize what 'E' in ECW is supposed to mean.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:11 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:

Apparently, FCW's a pretty wild place, as is evident with the multiple people being arrested for DUI's there.

Well, there's really nothing else to do in New Port Richey. It's also sad that watching this developmental league is far more interesting than the WWE.

Night of Champions was a bit disappointing, or maybe it was because I stayed away from wrestling for nearly 10 years so I didn't know all the stories and gimmicks too well.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:34 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:

Well, there's really nothing else to do in New Port Richey. It's also sad that watching this developmental league is far more interesting than the WWE.

Night of Champions was a bit disappointing, or maybe it was because I stayed away from wrestling for nearly 10 years so I didn't know all the stories and gimmicks too well.

Yeah, that could put a damper on things.

From what I've heard, FCW is a mess. The building wasn't even up to code until a few weeks ago. But hey, as long as it's interesting. But personally, I wish they had kept OVW instead of trying to make their own development territory.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 am  Reply with quote

So after soaking in some great ROH dvds and playing my heart out on FPR...I just got word today that ROH pay ver views are BACK in Canada! August 1st...RESPECT IS EARNED II is as good as bought!

Life is good. Very Happy
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 pm  Reply with quote

Nice.

Speaking of, I got my tickets for The next Hammerstein show today, as well as a few ROH DVD's. Score.

Foywonder
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Disco Inferno comments on Bryan Danielson (the comedy writes itself):

Quote:
"i read a few weeks ago on one of the sites that the "best wrestler in the business" had a dark match with the wwe. so i rohvideos.comd this guy and checked him out. no offense to him, but i didn't think he was the "best wrestler in the business" from what i saw. he was decent for the style that he worked, but unfortunately that style caters to a very small niche audience. here's a few of the problems.

most people watch professional wrestling because it's professional wrestling. i would profess that there is zero chance that you're going to draw from the mma crowd by doing fake mma. i think most mma fans would be more entertained by the disco inferno vs. the honkytonk man, because at least they know they're watching a pro wrestling match and not some hybrid ridiculous let's do the mma moves and pretend that the moves hurt and insult my intelligence style. wrestling fans pop more for mr. socko and the people's elbow than they would for a fake guillotine choke hold.

the guy needs a gimmick. i'm sorry, but you can't sell a plain joe to fans that want sports entertainment.

also, for as good as everyone says this guy is, tna has at least ten guys better. evrybody puts over these roh matches like they're the greatest thing ever, but if you put aj and christian cage against the motor city machine guns for 25 minutes, and told them that you needed at least four stars, i'd bet my life that it would be better than anything roh has ever put out. once guys like aj and the mcmg's got out of roh, look how much better they got. there's something to say about the art of selling, which isn't really being taught to the up 'n comers. it makes matches so much more dramatic. it's what causes the fans to suspend the disbelief to a higher level, because now they become emotionally involved subconsciously when a wrestler can convey suffering and despair to them. i really should open a school someday and teach people how to work. i actually managed to make a pretty good name for myself by dancing around like some schmuck pretending to be john travolta for the past fifteen years. i think i know what i'm doing."

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:18 pm  Reply with quote

I read that last night and I nearly died laughing. Someone needs to point out to him that FOUR of TNA's top stars are ROH alumni and that if they would just tone down the inane writing and let them have four star matches...TNA would be doing a whole hell of a lot better.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

I've been watching wrestling since the 80's when Backlund was the champ and before Rocky III made Hogan a star and I've stuck with it through the ups and downs...But these days it's just getting on my nerves.

There's so many things that make me scratch my head...

No mid-card title on Smackdown...So then tell me what purpose do the mid-card guys have if not vying for a belt? Or rather, what chance do they have of getting a better push?

Which brings me to my next point. Mr. Kennedy. This guy has the potential to be a top character in the company because he's a good worker and has great mic skills (let's face it...All you need to be a star in the WWE is good mic skills) and yet they've fucked him booking him every step of the way. First of all, this guy won a Money in the Bank match which means he was poised for either a WWE or World Title reign...He gets mis-diagnosed for an injury and they make him drop it to Edge...When they find out he'll only be out for a month and a half they SHOULD have had him go right after Edge, but instead they put him on Raw. Uhm...OK...Then week after week he jobs out to nearly everyone on the roster...

Then they turn him face for no good reason, have him take out Regal, build him up on Raw and then dump him on Smackdown with NO MID-CARD BELT! Ok, fine. Build him up here as a face then find a way for him to bring the belt back. Nope, they basically had him squashed by Umaga both on TV and a dark match before the Bash.

What the fuck are they doing with him?

CM PUNK is champ? Not a fan of the guy but fuck it, let's run with it...Oh wait, this guy wins the belt like a bitch, and then hasn't had a SINGLE successful (I mean clean) title defense since he won the belt. Do they know that they put the title on someone who doesn't appear to be able to do it on his own? Terrible, terrible writing/booking.

The ONLY thing they're doing right is Jericho.