It’s Ladies Night in New Anthology Film ‘Shy of Normal’ and Documentary ‘Screaming in High Heels’

default-featured-image
Post Thumb:

/sep11/shythumb.jpg

It's Ladies Night in New Anthology Film Shy of Normal and Documentary Screaming in High HeelsHey, somebody get some light over here; Trash is taking off her clothes again.” I remember those words like it was yesterday. And I should; I watched that scene of Linnea Quigley disrobing enough times to render my VHS copy of The Return of the Living Dead basically unwatchable. At least for that minute or so of the film. And it’s with loving memories like this one that we celebrate our favorite scream queens in two new projects dropping this fall.

Screaming in High Heels: The Rise & Fall of the Scream Queen Era follows the careers of three of the best — Linnea Quigley, Michelle Bauer, and Brinke Stevens — in all their shrill glory.

But wait! True to ’80s excess, we have more! Yet another project featuring a couple of our favorite ladies of low-budget horror is on the horizon. On November 15th Tempe DVD will release Shy of Normal: Tales of New Life Experiences, featuring scream queens extraordinaire Brinke Stevens and Felissa Rose in a comedic anthology film.

Ah, ladies, we love you so. Give ’em hell, girls!

From the Press Release
The original ladies of 80s horror have come together in two very different projects, both scheduled for release late in 2011.

Shy of Normal: Tales of New Life Experiences is a Wisconsin-lensed comedy starring Scream Queens Brinke Stevens (The Slumber Party Massacre) and Felissa Rose (Sleepaway Camp).

This anthology follows a writer who observes complete strangers in public and makes up short, funny stories based off their random conversations. Having started life as a series of stage plays at UW-Milwaukee, it was produced and directed by Jason Paul Collum of B+Boy Productions, LLC (based in Racine) and will be released to DVD and VOD through Tempe DVD on November 15, 2011. Copies are available for reserve on Amazon.com.

The documentary Screaming in High Heels: The Rise & Fall of the Scream Queen Era, also directed by Jason Paul Collum, opened in Chicago to a full house this past month and will continue to screen at theaters and festivals throughout the nation through the fall and early winter 2011. It follows the careers of unexpected cult icons Linnea Quigley (The Return of the Living Dead), Brinke Stevens (Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama), and Michelle Bauer (Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers), who rose to infamy in B-grade horror and comedy features in the 1980s.

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Scream in stilettos in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized