FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Fire Pro Wrestling Returns coming to the US...
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:47 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Or Wrestle Kingdom 2. I was kinda hoping that FPWR would be a huge hit so that they might consider importing them, but alas, it was not to be.

Really, I do not forsee myself buying another wrestling game after FPWR. The graphics may be better, but I'm not buying games for the graphics.

Here's the other strange thing: after THQ announced that they were going to focus on tag team wrestling in their new game, last night's Raw had two decent tag team matches. Makes you wonder who's really got the reins right now.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

Speaking of tag teams...I found some formulas/templates to create two of my favorite wrestlers at the moment: Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley. That's right, the Motor City Machine Guns are together and boy do they ever kick ass!

In a near 30 minute classic, World X Tag Champs Curry Man & American Dragon finally dropped the belts to the legendary Mexican duo of Mil Mascaras and Don Caras in Tijuana. The rematch, a 2 out of 3 falls contest, has been signed to take place at the Tokyo Dome in the near future. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Speaking of tag teams...I found some formulas/templates to create two of my favorite wrestlers at the moment: Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley. That's right, the Motor City Machine Guns are together and boy do they ever kick ass!

In a near 30 minute classic, World X Tag Champs Curry Man & American Dragon finally dropped the belts to the legendary Mexican duo of Mil Mascaras and Don Caras in Tijuana. The rematch, a 2 out of 3 falls contest, has been signed to take place at the Tokyo Dome in the near future. Cool

Nice.

And finally, the MCMG's have a place where they're not going to be held down...and where Shelley has no choice if he wants to blade or not. Wink

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Nice.

And finally, the MCMG's have a place where they're not going to be held down...and where Shelley has no choice if he wants to blade or not. Wink

Oh I know. I'll introduce Shelley's pretty face to barbed wire soon enough. Wink

The most hardcore match the MCMGs have been in thus far has been a Cage Deathmatch with Minoru Tanaka & Black Tiger 3 in which they came out on top. No blood though.

I simmed a World X Division title match between Sabin (challenger) and El Samurai (Champion) that just went back and forth like crazy. El Samurai retained after a hard fought contest. ArmDrag & Curry Man lost their rematch last night in an epic battle that saw an amazing amount of near falls in the final round. So the Curried Dragon Takeout Express is going on temporary hiatus since they've held the World X Tag Championships four times already.

The massive 32 team KING OF TRIOS 2008 tournament is finally over and the two top contenders for the World Trios Championships have been determined. Team TERRY (Terry Funk, Jeff Jarrett, Petey Williams) versus Team MUTOH (Keiji Mutoh, Toshiaki Kawada, Hiroshi Hase) for the gold tonight. In their last meeting, Williams got the win via the Canadian Destroyer which made me mark out like crazy. Smile

Who needs the WWE when I can have epic cards like this on a daily basis?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 pm  Reply with quote

Indeed!

hyey, where did you get the Sabin and Shelley formulas from, RJ?

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:08 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Indeed!

http://community.livejournal.com/kenadafirepro/tag/alex+shelley

http://community.livejournal.com/kenadafirepro/tag/chris+sabin

There's a bunch of others as well. Since I can't get my hands on an Action Replay Max EVO to download edits/saves, this fits the bill perfectly.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:36 am  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Indeed!

http://community.livejournal.com/kenadafirepro/tag/alex+shelley

http://community.livejournal.com/kenadafirepro/tag/chris+sabin

There's a bunch of others as well. Since I can't get my hands on an Action Replay Max EVO to download edits/saves, this fits the bill perfectly.

That's where I thought you got them. Was looking that over a few days ago from Wrestlecrap. Thanks for the link.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:50 am  Reply with quote

Least I can do for a fellow FPR addict. Smile

Latest news: Team TERRY over Team MUTOH in 32:09 which was an intense six-man elimination tag to crown the first ever World Trios Champions.

I created a new belt tonight: The World TV Title. Which, like the old school NWA/WCW World TV Championship, has a time limit of 15 minutes. KENTA (Champion) and Sting are waging a fierce war over the new (and highly sought after) title.

Anyhow, if you find any other sites out there with edits/formulas, let me know.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:40 pm  Reply with quote

Last night I had an intense 2 out of 3 falls elimination tag match for the World Tag Championships. The British Bulldogs (me) versus Masato Tanaka & Naohiro Hoshikawa (The current champs) that went back and forth like crazy. The first fall went to Tanaka at 21:02 but the Dynamite Kid (me) got the second fall when I got Naohiro to tap out to a submission hold at 24:12. The third and final fall went to the champs at 10:33 when Tanaka KO'd me in the middle of the ring, leaving Davey Boy to fend off two opponents.

It was the climax to a long series of battles between the two and it delivered on every level.

And the above match almost didn't happen because I tried watching TNA for the first time in ages. The moment that Angle and Trigg went into the men's washroom I flipped it off and turned FPR on for some real total non-stop action! Cool
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:36 am  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Last night I had an intense 2 out of 3 falls elimination tag match for the World Tag Championships. The British Bulldogs (me) versus Masato Tanaka & Naohiro Hoshikawa (The current champs) that went back and forth like crazy. The first fall went to Tanaka at 21:02 but the Dynamite Kid (me) got the second fall when I got Naohiro to tap out to a submission hold at 24:12. The third and final fall went to the champs at 10:33 when Tanaka KO'd me in the middle of the ring, leaving Davey Boy to fend off two opponents.

It was the climax to a long series of battles between the two and it delivered on every level.

And the above match almost didn't happen because I tried watching TNA for the first time in ages. The moment that Angle and Trigg went into the men's washroom I flipped it off and turned FPR on for some real total non-stop action! Cool

See? TNA IS doing something good for people. Mr. Green

And I finally got a flash drive that actually worked on my PS2. And I have quadrupled my wresters in one day. Awesome.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:34 am  Reply with quote

I don't mind doing Edits by hand now since I'm used to how it all works. Being able to have a Sabin vs. Mysterio contest for the World X Division Championship is so very awesome.

But you knew that already. Wink
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:10 am  Reply with quote

Results from Spike Wrestling Assoication's THE ONLY DRAFT WE WANT IS BEER! PPV held on Monday night:

Minoru Fujita def. Rey Mysterio in 15:54 to retain the World X Division Championship.

Steve Corino def. Tsusbusa in 16:11 in a Landmine Deathmatch to retain the Brass Knuckles Championship.

Bret Hart def. Andre the Giant in 15:07 to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Rob Van Dam & Sabu def. El Hijo Del Santo & Doctor Wagner, Jr. in 64:03 in a very intense 2/3 falls hardcore elimination bout to retain the World Tag Team Championships.

Like I was going to spend my Monday night doing something else? Wink
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Results from Spike Wrestling Assoication's THE ONLY DRAFT WE WANT IS BEER! PPV held on Monday night:

Minoru Fujita def. Rey Mysterio in 15:54 to retain the World X Division Championship.

Steve Corino def. Tsusbusa in 16:11 in a Landmine Deathmatch to retain the Brass Knuckles Championship.

Bret Hart def. Andre the Giant in 15:07 to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.

Rob Van Dam & Sabu def. El Hijo Del Santo & Doctor Wagner, Jr. in 64:03 in a very intense 2/3 falls hardcore elimination bout to retain the World Tag Team Championships.

Good show, Old bean!

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:06 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Good show, Old bean!

Don't miss the next SWA PPV "Two Deuces, One Champ". Where the highfliers of two countries meet to determine who can catch the most air! Will it be Team Japan lead by Minoru Fujita or Team Mexico led by the legendary Mil Mascaras? Also on the card will be a Electrified Barbed Wire Deathmatch between The Outsiders and the Road Warriors to finally settle the long standing blood feud once and for all! Live only on FPR 24/7!

- Card subject to change -

Yes I've gone to the level of FPR addiction where I'm putting my own PPVs together. Mr. Green
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:54 am  Reply with quote

What began as an interpromotional 8-man tag match between New Japan and All Japan in December 2007 has become an epic feud that is going strong as of June 2008!

In that first meeting between Team WOLF (Blue Wolf, Tatutoshi Gato, Hiro Saito..later replaced by Tiger Mask due to injury, Koji Kanemoto) and Team JUMBO (Jumbo Tsuruta, TARU, Shuji Kondo and Akitoshi Saito) was a spirited bout of competition that saw Team WOLF pick up the win. Yet something didn't sit right with Jumbo and his teammates so a series of singles and tag team bouts ensued over the next few months, each team getting their fair share of victories.

The brutal series of matches between Blue Wolf and Jumbo Tsuruta soon revealed that the rivalry had gone far beyond just which promotion was better or who was the better man. Fans and wrestling sites realized it was a blood feud that hadn't been seen since the days Four Horsemen versus Barry Windham.

Then in early June the Square Gate Championship belts were created to give prestige to the four men who could come out on top of grueling 8-man tag competition. Needless to say that Team WOLF and Team JUMBO both lay claim to those belts and their war has torn through Japan and shows no signs of ending anytime soon. Having won the Square Gate Championships back from Team JUMBO in an insane tornado tag elimination free-for-all, Team WOLF was resting on their laurels and tending to their bruises.

The management of ALL JAPAN and Team JUMBO immediately sent an angry letter to the heads of NEW JAPAN about how unfair that last championship match had been and demanded a rematch. Blue Wolf and his comrades, along with the assent from NEW JAPAN, agreed to a rematch that would be broadcast live on PPV from Korakuen Hall.

Furthermore, the management and coaches of ALL JAPAN and NEW JAPAN made the additional stipulations that it would be a 2/3 falls No DQ contest with no set time limit...meaning there must be a clear winner.

The advertisement for the match read as follows:

NJPW vs. AJPW TOTAL WAR!

WOLF BRIGADE (Team WOLF) vs. JUMBO SQUAD (Team JUMBO) 2 Out of 3 Falls HARDCORE!

LIVE! KORAKUEN HALL 8 PM!

The match starts and as the live footage can attest it's standing room only. As soon as Blue Wolf and Jumbo Tsuruta tie up the epic confrontation begins...

First fall goes to Team JUMBO at 27:30

Second fall goes to Team WOLF at 64:29 (!)

Third and final fall goes to Team JUMBO at 67:42 (!!)

At the end of the two plus hours of intensely physical wrestling, Team WOLF dropped their titles to the exhausted members of Team JUMBO. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer gives the match a resounding five star rating and urges everyone and anyone to see THE match of 2008!

"You and I know that Team WOLF are the most worthy of the Square Gate Championships, but we will let you hang onto them and keep them warm until we get them back....and we WILL get them back. Banzai!" Blue Wolf commented later on at a press conference at the NJPW headquarters.

Rumors are circulating that a rematch may be happening as soon as next month.

Stay tuned! Very Happy

P.S. Just to give you a sense of how epic this match was, I started it at 4:30 pm and it didn't end until 5:30 pm! I fucking love this game!