HELL’S KITTY Review – This Little Feline Sure Ain’t No Pu**y!

Starring Adam Rucho, Adrienne Barbeau, Nicholas Tana

Directed by Nicholas Tana

Spawning off of the popularity of the web series with the same name, Nicholas Tana’s Hell’s Kitty has taken all of its parts and coagulated them together like one big litterbox clump (in a good way, of course) for the feature film in which I had the pleasure of checking out – enter through the pet door, please.

Also starring Tana as a fledgling writer, his work is about as fruitful as his lovelife. Now while he could easily take a bit of a respite and recharge his writing batteries, his situation with the ladies…well now, that’s a bit of a hairy problem. You see, he’s already got one lady with fangs and claws, and she’s a bit possessive – her name is Angel, and she’s Nick’s “cute” little cat. Spoken form experience, I’ve owned a feline over the course of my days and my honest opinion is this: something innately evil lies in every cat on the planet – some just know how to disguise it better than others – maybe one of the reasons I’m a dog person, but I digress. In any event, Nick’s little ball-o’-fur isn’t too happy when the womanly persuasion comes a’ callin, and when this little cherubic feline feels like three’s a crowd, someone usually ends up dead.

With his hands tied, Nick seeks some help on the spiritual end of things, and that’s when the men of the cloth show up, and the names alone are ones you should recognize: Father Damien and Blatty (Doug Jones and Bill Oberst Jr. in roles that steal the film). But if it’s cameos you’re looking for, look no further – lemme just drop a few names your way to keep an eye out for in this presentation: Adrienne Barbeau, Michael Berryman, Lynn Lowry, Kelli Maroney, Dale Midkiff and Barbara Nedeljakova (the absolute stone-cold beauty from the first Hostel film). Even our two favorite Children Of The Corn (Courtney Gains and John Franklin) manage to pop up from behind the rows in a couple of performances that I’m sure you’ll all remember. I’m not even doing justice to all of the names and faces that flash on the screen in this one, and it all adds up to a completely goofy (yet ultimately entertaining) trip across the course of the film.

Humor is abound in this movie, with both subtle and chest-bursting laughs to tide over the fan looking for some chuckles with their gore. Themes from some of horror’s biggest productions are on display as well, so keep your peepers glued to the tube for that. The movie doesn’t take itself serious for a moment, and that was completely fine with me – sometimes you just need to shut off the gray matter for a while and enjoy what you’re viewing…now finding an effective way to turn that gray matter back on, that’s a different beast all in itself.

Overall, if you’ve got a hankering for some honest-to-goodness horror comedy, no frills attached, allow me to present to you Hell’s Kitty – it ain’t the biggest production out there, but at least it’s better than finding a dead mouse on your doorstep.

• Film

Summary

This one purrs like a finely-tuned horror/comedy, but please leave your dogs at home – we wouldn’t want to upset this little “angel” now would we?

Sending
User Rating 0 (0 votes)
Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: