Dread Central Presents Screening of Terrifier Offers College Credits at MSU

Not only is Dread Central Presents aiming to bring audiences some of the best and most interesting independent genre films, it turns out now that it can also help your education!

In March, Montclair State University will be hosting its third installment of their “Friday Night Frights” monthly series, which brings lectures, screenings, and Q&A’s to the university’s brand new School of Communication and Media. So far, they’ve hosted David Bruckner’s The Ritual and Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead’s The Endless. Next month, FNF will be hosting the Dread Central Presents screening of Damien Leone’s Terrifier, a modern slasher that may be the most gruesome and shocking film of its kind in several years! But what makes this screening so interesting is that the screening has earned “colloquium status”, which means that all attendees will receive college credit!

Former Fangoria editor-in-chief Ken Hanley will be hosting the event, which will include a live Q&A with Leone and select cast after the screening. He states, “I am completely shocked, in the best way, that the students of Montclair State University, will have the opportunity to receive educational credit for seeing easily the most insane modern slasher film I’ve ever seen. It’s truly a privilege to be able to let people laugh, gasp, and squirm in their seats, all for the sake of academia. As someone who previously ran late night movie screenings during my time as a student at MSU, I feel like this is a real ‘full circle’ moment, and I’m incredibly grateful to Susan Skoog, Rob Galluzzo, and everyone at both The Film Institute at Montclair State and Dread Central Presents for making it a reality.

Susan Skoog, director of programming at Montclair’s newly minted Film Institute, adds, “Some of the most interesting and inventive independent filmmakers today are making horror films. They are undeniably elevating the genre. The Film Institute at Montclair State has a mission to not only celebrate classic films and filmmakers, but also to educate a new generation of young filmmakers by exposing them to cutting edge and innovative films. We are honored and thrilled to introduce our students to film artists like Damien Leone, who are certainly advancing the horror genre.

The MSU event will take place March 23 at 8pm in Presentation Hall 1040 of the School of Communication and Media. Details can be found at MSU’s website.

Terrifier stars Jenna Kanell (The Bye Bye Man), Catherine Corcoran (Return to Nuke ‘Em High), and David Howard Thornton (“Gotham”) as Art the Clown.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: