FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Lost - Season Four
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:51 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I firmly believe that Ben is the good guy in all of this.
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 am  Reply with quote

Well he did kind of Martyr himself for the island, at least in his mind never being able to return is as good as being dead.

but yeah I think that while the producers and writers are good at throwing huge curve balls when it comes to the details I believe they won't muddy the waters too much and leave it as a Ben/Locke/Others/Jacob/Losties(the good guys, the david? Faith?) Against Whitmore and his associates (The Bad guys, the goliath? Science?) possibly with Dharma and maybe Abbadon as the wild card because we still aren't sure if Dharma still exists in some form and who Abbadon works for.
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
Ill never be alone
And you my friend will see
Youve got a friend in me
(youve got a friend in me)

Ben, youre always running here and there
(here and there)
You feel youre not wanted anywhere
(anywhere)
If you ever look behind
And dont like what you find
Theres something you should know
Youve got a place to go
(youve got a place to go)

I used to say, I and me
Now its us, now its we
(I used to say, I and me)
(now its us, now its we)

Ben, most people would turn you away
I dont listen to a word they say
They dont see you as I do
I wish they would try to
Im sure theyd think again
If they had a friend like ben
(a friend)
Like ben
(like ben)
Like ben

- Michael Jackson
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
possibly with Dharma and maybe Abbadon as the wild card because we still aren't sure if Dharma still exists in some form and who Abbadon works for.

Abbadon was the one telling Naomi what to do, and the group of Charlotte, Daniel, Miles, and Frank all came under this. We know it was Widmore's boat, so if that group was on the boat, then it means that Abbadon must be working for Widmore.
Impure159
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

PapaLazarou wrote:
Impure159 wrote:
possibly with Dharma and maybe Abbadon as the wild card because we still aren't sure if Dharma still exists in some form and who Abbadon works for.

Abbadon was the one telling Naomi what to do, and the group of Charlotte, Daniel, Miles, and Frank all came under this. We know it was Widmore's boat, so if that group was on the boat, then it means that Abbadon must be working for Widmore.

We know he set up the group on Whitmores boat, but then explain him as the orderly in the hospital with Locke acting almost as a messenger for the Island?

It is completely possible he's almost a Jacob or Ben kind of character, moving behind the scenes and working for his own goals.

After that scene of him telling John to go on the walkabout it seems like he's more than just one of Whitmores employees.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:56 pm  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
PapaLazarou wrote:
Impure159 wrote:

We know he set up the group on Whitmores boat, but then explain him as the orderly in the hospital with Locke acting almost as a messenger for the Island?

It is completely possible he's almost a Jacob or Ben kind of character, moving behind the scenes and working for his own goals.

After that scene of him telling John to go on the walkabout it seems like he's more than just one of Whitmores employees.

Who he actually is and who he works may be a mystery, but the way Lost uses names with significance, there's little doubt that Matthew Abaddon works for the forces of darkness.

Here is an reference to the Biblical meaning to the name:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
PapaLazarou wrote:
Impure159 wrote:

Abbadon pretending to be an orderly doesn't mean he isn't working for or with Widmore. Maybe Widmore has the same goals. After all, Widmore is almost as mysterious a character as Abbadon is, and it's possible he might have some kind of histroy with the Island just like Abbadon does. So maybe they both have the same reason to encourage Locke to go on his walkabout.

The only feeling I get from Abbadon for sure, is that I wouldn't want him to be my orderly. Scary guy.
Impure159
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

I agree it's possible that he could have the same goals and may be working with him but saying
Quote:
Abbadon must be working for Widmore.

is simplifying it a bit too much I think.
Impure159
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:
Who he actually is and who he works may be a mystery, but the way Lost uses names with significance, there's little doubt that Matthew Abaddon works for the forces of darkness.

Here is an reference to the Biblical meaning to the name:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon

That is something I definitely agree with, ever since he showed up at the mental hospital I've been wary of what he's in this all for.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

Tobe Romero wrote:
Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
Ill never be alone
And you my friend will see
Youve got a friend in me
(youve got a friend in me)

Ben, youre always running here and there
(here and there)
You feel youre not wanted anywhere
(anywhere)
If you ever look behind
And dont like what you find
Theres something you should know
Youve got a place to go
(youve got a place to go)

I used to say, I and me
Now its us, now its we
(I used to say, I and me)
(now its us, now its we)

Ben, most people would turn you away
I dont listen to a word they say
They dont see you as I do
I wish they would try to
Im sure theyd think again
If they had a friend like ben
(a friend)
Like ben
(like ben)
Like ben

- Michael Jackson

Nice.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:48 pm  Reply with quote

To steal a quote from Michael Corleone: Maybe "our enemy has yet to show his true face."

The conflict between Whidmore and Linus could be one of rivals and not one of good and evil. It's still possible we haven't yet seen who the real enemy is and who the real hero is.
Impure159
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

Well we'd probably find out in season 5 then with season 6 being the main conflict, although if the real 'evil' is completely independent of Whitmore then it would leave a lot of fans feeling like almost all of the show was a waste the past 2 seasons.
Tobe Romero
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:25 pm  Reply with quote

it's all just a big game between Widmore and Ben, nothing less, probably for a $1 bet and all the people are just pawns, backgammon, risk, etc pieces
Myer's Son
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

I'm really, really confuse!
This is what I get for missing Season 1 and 2. Can anyone tell me where is Jacob in all of these conflicts with regarding Widmore, Linus, and Abaddon?
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:43 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Myer's Son wrote:
I'm really, really confuse!
This is what I get for missing Season 1 and 2. Can anyone tell me where is Jacob in all of these conflicts with regarding Widmore, Linus, and Abaddon?

WTF is wrong with you?

You started a show based on mystery with season 3. Do yourself a favor and go buy/rent/steal season 1 and 2, then come back.