The Caller’s Sergio Casci Prepping a Walk up The Devil’s Staircase

default-featured-image
Source Name:

Fangoria

Source Url:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5532:the-caller-writer-dials-up-new-film&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

Post Thumb:

/aug11/devilsthumb.jpg

One of the biggest indie surprises of the year so far has been The Caller (review here) directed by Matthew Parkhill and written by Sergio Casci so we’ve been anxious to hear what’s next for either of these gentlemen. Well, news has come as to Casci’s next project, and it sounds like a doozy!

Per Fangoria the scribe will be adapting the novel The Devil’s Staircase (written by his wife, Helen FitzGerald) into a feature film that already has Claire Mundell of Synchronicity Films and Marian Macgowan of Macgowan Films in Sydney, Australia, attached as producers. FitzGerald and Casci’s Del Rio Films is co-producing.

As for the plot, Casci tells Fango, “It’s about this young Australian girl who’s running away from home. She meets these friends. I don’t know if you’ve ever been backpacking; you meet people, and in two days you feel they’re like your closest family. You’re with them 24 hours, and suddenly you feel like you know them; they’re your best friends ever. The fact is, you don’t know anything about them. You feel like you do, but you don’t. That’s a scary place to be.”

“They end up breaking into this empty house,” he continues. “The main character, Bronny, doesn’t realize there is a very, very bad man who has taken her friend and brought her to the basement of the house, and he’s holding her there for his own sick reasons. When he’s finished with her, Bronny’s next on his list.”

Considering the interesting, unpredictable twists and turns in The Caller, we anxious to see what Casci can do with the tired subgenre of “girl tied up in basement” so keep it here for more on The Devil’s Staircase as it comes. We’ll be keeping our eyes and ears open!

The Caller's Sergio Casci Prepping a Walk up The Devil's Staircase

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Tie me up, tie me down in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized