Amityville Survivor Challenging Movie Studios!

default-featured-image
Source Name:

The Amityville Horror Challenge

Source Url:

http://www.amityvillehorrorchallenge.com

Post Thumb:

/may11/amitys.jpg

Maybe it’s because the Halloween season is right around the corner, or maybe it’s because we just can’t get over our fascination with what really happened in that little house at 112 Ocean Ave. in Amityville, New York, but one thing is for sure … The Amityville Horror has never been hotter. And now comes a really interesting addition to the ongoing saga that’s left us kind of speechless.

Christopher Quaratino, one of Kathy Lutz’s two boys and stepson of George Lutz, dropped us a line today to let us know about his newest website, The Amityville Horror Challenge.

Dig on the press release below, and for more information check out the official Amityville Horror Challenge Facebook page, and scratch your head along with the rest of us.

From the Press Release
U.S. Army veteran and Amityville haunting survivor Christopher John Quaratino is taking a stand. Quaratino is formerly known as (fka) Christopher Lutz, one of the three children of George and Kathy Lutz. The Lutz family lived through what became known as “The Amityville Horror.” Now 43 years old, Christopher has read the recent news releases put forth by film companies Hannibal Classics and The Weinstein Company. The companies announced new sequel movies, each taking a stab at their own versions. Hannibal, the first to make public its intent, is developing “Amityville Legacy” in 3D. Not to be outdone, a week later Bob Weinstein, in his joint deal with Miramax and Dimension, announced at the Cannes Film Festival that his company is moving forward with its new movie, “The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes”, to be released in theaters January of next year.

Bob Weinstein said, “We are thrilled to return to the mythology of the Amityville Horror with a new and terrifying vision that will satisfy our existing fans and also introduce an entirely new audience to this popular haunting phenomenon.”

Jason Blum, who produced the “Paranormal Activity” films, which have grossed close to $400 million worldwide, is set to produce. Blum is quoted by Variety saying, “I’m thrilled to be working with Bob to reinvent one of the all-time great horror franchises, and I think this new installment will really hit home with a new generation of moviegoers.”

Christopher John, who maintains the haunting was real, yet very different from how it has been portrayed to the public, has this to say in response to the announcements, “They want to reinvent the story? A whole new generation won’t know what really happened? Just as all those that don’t know, who have followed this story for the last 35 years. The time has come for me to set the record straight, a fresh look from an alternative perspective, through the eyes of one of the children who peered out from those iconic quarter round windows. An eyewitness to the actual events that occurred in the Amityville house and what followed.”

“Therefore, I am calling out the Weinstein brothers, Bob and Harvey, your producers and writers. And Hannibal Films, who have already begun making the next movie sequels to the story that should have died so long ago, “The Amityville Horror”. To these companies, who are bowing down to the golden calf milking the story one more time allying themselves with the top horror writers and producers in the business”.

“I SAY THIS, at what you do, you are good, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO AMITYVILLE and what happened after…. I CAN TELL A CREEPIER STORY THAN YOU!”

I am challenging you to a contest. The contest should be judged in the vein of American Idol, where the public casts their vote to decide the outcome and ultimate winner.

The specific categories to be judged should be the very thing your audiences so desire. The best stories of all time are what they are, because of the very things I am challenging you in.

The specific categories are as follows:
1. You keep it Realistic. I’ll keep it Honest.
2. Thought Provoking
3. Genuine Chill Producing (shocking jumps don’t count)
4. Psychologically Impacting

If you choose to accept this Challenge, do so publicly. I await your answer!

The public is invited to follow along as I face the demons of my past and the movie giants of today by logging on to The Amityville Horror Challenge website and by “liking” the challenge on the official Amityville Horror Challenge Facebook page.

With just over 7 months until the Weinstein/Miramax/Dimension film is set to release on January 27, 2012, Quaratino has a lot of work to do; to present his story in a book, he is seeking a writing coach and a publisher. Christopher feels it is important that he author the book personally and will take full responsibility for the truthfulness and accuracy of its content. More information will be forthcoming at his website whether or not the companies accept the Horror Challenge.

In a rare comment from any of the Lutz children, Christopher, at the time the 2005 Amityville Horror remake was released in theaters said, “George Lutz brought the troubles on himself (and our family) by dabbling in the occult; it wasn’t just the house that was the problem. That’s why it followed us.”

Amityville Survivor Challenging Movie Studios!

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Start rumbling in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized