FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Grave Misconduct- written by Ultimo Franco & Messiahman
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

Electric-Eye wrote:
I thought it would be in the Free Movies section On Demand, it wasn't. I didn't really feel like spending $4 on it. I dunno

But hey, it's at least four dollars worth of entertainment. Maybe even five! Very Happy

Anyway, it'll have its regular cable airing soon enough, and we'll post the date when we know it.
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Having not seen the On Demand version yet, let me ask -- was there a lot of blood after Roxanne Hart falls from the roof? Having been there for that scene, I vividly recall Armand gleefully pouring a friggin' bucket of red stuff onto the sidewalk, and the early roughcut I saw featured a nice closeup of her head in a pool of blood.

To answer your question MM- there was actually a fair amount of blood in the scene where Roxanne Hart's character falls from the roof. It doesn't dwell on it for more than a second or two, but you can clearly see a big old puddle of the red stuff when the camera pans down from a shocked Crystal Bernard and her taxi driver friend.

Like I think I said before, I've seen a bunch of Lifetime thrillers, and I'm pretty sure that fall scene is the one most likely to shock the "typical" LMN viewer (either that, or the first gas mask murder). If this was a typical Lifetime movie, the most they would probably have shown would be the character disappearing off the side of the roof, and then a long shot of her lying flat on the ground way down there. Or something along those lines.

Thanks for the answers, guys.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:57 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Alright, so I finally caught this on OnDemand. I used to watch Lifetime all the time in college (Lifetime and leftover Chinese when skipping class is a totally 'turn off your brain' kind of day)... so I've seen more than my fair share of their original movies.

This was definitely one of the most entertaining - and least unintentionally hilarious (which I mean as a compliment). It didn't have Kelli Martin, Tiffany Amber-Theissen, or Meredith Baxter... or a fabulous title like "Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?"... but I liked it. Although I did guess who the killer was from just about their first appearance (second, actually I think), the rest of the movie was enjoyable anyway.

I did have a couple of issues... one seemed like it might have been an editing thing. Up until the point when Julia and the detective are at the library and she tells him the truth, she always refers to Angela's death as a suicide. But then immediately after that, when she calls him at his office, she calls it a murder... and there's no transition that shows what changed her mind. Seemed a little abrupt and threw me for second, made me think I missed a scene.

Also, I had a little trouble believing that the police would just accept Angela's death as a suicide without doing even a LITTLE investigation. We never see them question Julia at all (after all they did work together and belong to the same writing group)... Or check her cell phone records to see who she talked to? That was kind of hard to swallow.

The last thing is more of a nitpick... because I know hardly anyone will think of it. And it's probably more of a quibble with the directing than anything else...

But the way they set up Cricket's death, it should have been immediately been clear to everyone it wasn't an accident. She's lying face down, with her arms at her sides, palms up... and yet she supposedly slipped and fell. Who doesn't put their hands out to catch themselves when they slip and fall?

Anyway, like I said, just little things.... and none of them really detract from the enjoyability of it. Solid work guys!

Oh, and when you're names came up on the screen, I clapped for you. Laughing Wink

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:15 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks so much Morgan! Glad you had fun with it. You'll have to check out Death Match (aka Ring of Death) and Shark Swarm so you can let us know what you think about them too. All your comments have been spot-on so far. Gracias.
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

I recently had a friend pirate this film for me and was just able to sit down and watch it...

What a mistake.

This was the biggest piece of shit I have seen a very long time. Beyond the horrible appearance of Crystal Bernard in her post Botox face, the dialogue was reminiscent of the absolute worst "Murder She Wrote" episode you ever saw.

And what was with those kills? Since when does a non-toxic gas like propane kill a human being in the spans of like 10 minutes. WTF??

The dumbest shit ever put to screen...

And gee....could the killer have been even more obvious? I deduced the killer after like 5 minutes of the film play!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS THING!!! COMPLETE SHIT!
Sirand
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:34 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

NMEwithin wrote:
The dumbest shit ever put to screen...

I'm sure recent discussions in the Situation Womb had absolutely no influence on your post. Laughing
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:37 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

No, I watched this film with an objective eye. My conclusion? Piece of shit....

Better luck next time
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Munyeca. Yo te ciaro. Yo te ciaro Ohio. Muy bonito.

So, I saw it. I've never seen a Lifetime movie before, so I wasn't familiar with the trappings and expectations of the genre, but it worked pretty good. I liked the little genre nods that were thrown in here and there. It was a nice bit of subversion that will no doubt go largely unnoticed by its target audience. Crystal Bernard did a good job as the lead. Franco, you mentioned John Fleck earlier as having done a stand out job in your mind. You were right. The guy was very sleazy and had me wishing there was more of him.

I think that was my biggest issue with the movie. I wish there was more. You teased me with a black gloved killer and I was hoping for some nice set-pieces leading up to the murders. I knew that there wouldn't be blood, but I was hoping for something a little more extravagant. The lead up to Margo's death was a nice start, but it was just a tease. I'm sure this comes down to the limits of the genre and budget.

Speaking of genre, I was surprised with how often Crystal Bernard was sidelined. All of the heavy lifting for the mystery was pawned off on the detective. I would've thought, with this being aimed for the Lifetime set, she'd have a lot more to do instead of simply playing woman in peril. But hey, that's why I don't get paid to write these things.

Overall I thought it was really well done. There were a few other minor things, but that's probably me just being an ass about things. It's a really good tv movie and could've made for a kick ass feature given the right amount of punch. I'm glad this whole writing thing is working out for you guys. I'm looking forward to Shark Swarm.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm  Reply with quote

Thumbs Up webpage
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Looking good, Franco.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:27 pm  Reply with quote

HERE is the Japanese DVD cover for Grave Misconduct. It's called Suicide Murder in Japan.

By the way, it's airing on the Lifetime Channel this weekend.
Sirand
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:29 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Too bad it wasn't called "SUICIDE MURDER IN CRIMINAL AUTHOR GIRL."
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:34 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Sirand wrote:
Too bad it wasn't called "SUICIDE MURDER IN CRIMINAL AUTHOR GIRL."

OK BLUE JEANS NUMBER 1!!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell