John Carpenter Says He Will Compose the New Halloween

default-featured-image

When Blumhouse announced that they were making a Halloween film with John Carpenter aboard as executive producer, the horror community erupted with joy. Not to dismiss Rob Zombie’s remakes or the films prior to them but I think we can all admit that the Halloween franchise went in some rather…odd directions.

Related Story: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’ Halloween Cover Is Out Now!

One of the big questions at this announcement was whether or not Carpenter would also come aboard as composer, which was up in the air at the time and has been since…until today. In an interview with Billboard, Carpenter states, “…it looks clear to me that I’ve made a deal to do the music.” He elaborates by saying, “I’ll be consulting with the director to see what he feels. I could create a new score, we could update the old score and amplify it, or we could combine those two things. I’ll have to see the movie to see what it requires.

When Blumhouse and Carpenter made their original announcement, Carpenter stated that his son Cody would assist with composing the film, should that become the plan. Let’s hope that remains the case as the father-son duo come up with some pretty incredible music, as evidenced by the Lost Themes albums!

Alright, who’s excited by this news? Let us know in the comments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLFx30Ijiq0

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: