Lionsgate Curses Alcatraz

default-featured-image

Curse of AlcatrazWhen I first came across the box art for Curse of Alcatraz over at DVD Empire my immediate reaction was, “Geez, not another Ulli Lommel movie.” Then I read the plot synopsis and it dawned on me that not only was this not a Ulli Lommel movie, I’d even reported on this movie before a good while ago.

The horror flick deals with a forensic expert, who along with a college professor and some of his students, make the mistake of venturing into the long abandoned Alcatraz prison in order to study a recently discovered mummified body. Things take a turn for the worse when they unwittingly uncover a blood borne illness that begins to take them over one-by-one, a curse borne of torture and isolation.

Billed as the last film ever to be filmed at “The Rock” (That’s Alcatraz’s nickname, for those unaware, the infamous prison on a small island in San Francisco Bay), Curse of Alcatraz stars “Survivor: Africa” beauty Jessie Camacho, “Baywatch” star Jose Solano, and Alex A. Quinn, son of the late Anthony Quinn. Former music video/commercial director Daniel Zirilli (Crossbones) directs.

Lionsgate has scheduled Curse of Alcatraz for a September 25th DVD release date.

The Foywonder

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Disucss your experience behind bars in our forums!
Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized