FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Star Wars TV Show
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

IGN reported that a Star Wars TV show is in the works. The events of the show take place 20 years after ROTS. Boba Fett will also be an important character in the show. Let's hope it's better than the prequels.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 pm  Reply with quote

Sigh ... Boba Fett. He was much cooler when his backstory was a mystery.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

Ugh, I love Star Wars, but I don't care about this.

I've had my fill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:53 am  Reply with quote

I'm excited about it. It will all come down to what shows up on the screen but I think it could really be cool. My guess, since it's set during the glory years of the Empire, is a little darker, a little meaner but not the dark, grim and gritty redo of something like Battlestar Galatica.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

As a fanboy, I have to be excited about this or they'd revoke my membership.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:44 am  Reply with quote

Perhaps this series will follow the YOUNG INDIANA JONES route and teach us preachily educational lessons in lieu of actual storytelling. Each week, Boba Fett can close out the show by explaining the moral to us. Neutral

Or hey, maybe we can go back to the Wookie planet like in the Star Wars Holiday Special but this time have an ENTIRE EPISODE spoken in non-subtitled Wookie-speak.

How about an entire episode with Yoda wandering alone on Dagobah muttering to himself while the sheer isolation drives him insane?

Anyway...yeah, not thinking this is going to be worth a damn.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

The only thing I ever heard about this show is it is set in the Star Wars universe between Ep. 3 and 4, and will feature brand new original characters while established characters-- Darth Vadeer once mentioned-- playing peripheral roles and most of the time not even appearing. I never heard of it even featuring Boba Fett.

I think it's too soon tell if this will succeed or not. I thought the Cartoon Network's Clone Wars series was pretty cool. It's possible that with the right combiniation of writers (if/when they get off strike-- we don't need scabs) and producers we could have a new, exciting Sci Fi series on TV.

Don't let the disillusionment brought to us from the Prequel trilogy forever taint our views on what the Star Wars universe can bring us.
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:48 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:

How about an entire episode with Yoda wandering alone on Dagobah muttering to himself while the sheer isolation drives him insane?

I would watch!
rjschwarz
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

He nearly beat the Emperor. Obi Wan beat Vader. By my count that makes two Jedi to one Sith. So naturally the Jedi hide? WTF? Do or do not, there is no try is just a cowards excuse. I hope he got jungle rot on his feet hiding in the seltzer swamps.

To make it worse the little green wiseguy was an idiot. Balance in the force? 2 Sith in hiding against hundreds of Jedi in control of the galaxy. What makes anyone think restoring balance would favor the Jedi? He knew that Anni was the prophecied child that he was in fear for his mother so what did he do? Doesn't want to train him, doesn't scrap together enough money to free his mother from slavery, doesn't kill him. No, we'll let the most inexeperienced Jedi train him to more or less ensure the Sith restore the balance and kill all but two Jedi and force them into hiding.

I guess that's what happens when you put muppets in charge.
Karloff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 am  Reply with quote

Set between episodes three and four, there's nineteen years to cover here. The rise of The Empire and the rise of the Rebellion, with apparently some Jedi left after Order 66. Lucas has stated the film will feature minor characters from the prequels (which I love, by the way; never understood the hate and, after over ten years of hearing the same issues raised over and over again and debunking all of them with ease, I don't really give a monkey's what the haters think) and the actor who played Boba Fett has suggested his inclusion as well.

I think it's a winner, in theory. The Clone Wars has been a massive success, proving that there's still a huge audience for Star Wars, so the viewing figures are already pretty much guaranteed, so let's get it on.
Gus Bjork
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:25 pm  Reply with quote

I suppose I could look around to see but what's the status of the TV Star Wars these days?
Karloff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:32 pm  Reply with quote

No news as yet on the live action series. I think the much lauded Clone Wars is well into its second season now (which the boy and I can't wait to see when it comes out on DVD). I'm presuming Lucas and crew are working on the live action series right now but nothing in the way of plot spoilers or cast information has been released yet.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

Karloff wrote:
No news as yet on the live action series. I think the much lauded Clone Wars is well into its second season now (which the boy and I can't wait to see when it comes out on DVD). I'm presuming Lucas and crew are working on the live action series right now but nothing in the way of plot spoilers or cast information has been released yet.

"Clone Wars" fucking rocks. It's too good to be called a kids show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Karloff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:39 pm  Reply with quote

Heh, yeah you may be right, there, Terminal.

The production values on the series are top-notch. I know some prequel haters feel Lucas has redeemed himself with this series (although they're quick to point out he didn't direct it).
Dark Dreamer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

A Star Wars live action TV show could be great, but only if it is darker and more adult oriented than the prequel trilogy. Lucas also needs to find a stable of talented writers who are willing to challege him.