FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> MASTERS OF HORROR moves to NBC & gets a new title
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:18 am  Reply with quote

I'd say that the chances are pretty high that we won't be seeing it at all now. The networks have been dumping tons of unfilmed projects, and the word I hear is that this one is currently on the chopping block.

As for Garris, good for him on showing solidarity.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:54 am  Reply with quote

oh yes solidarity good but this strike blows, the networks are fireing everyone but the writer and actors from shows, so basically it's the innocent bystanders that are getting kicked in the groin....come on ppl get the talks going again
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:00 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
oh yes solidarity good but this strike blows, the networks are fireing everyone but the writer and actors from shows, so basically it's the innocent bystanders that are getting kicked in the groin....come on ppl get the talks going again

The conglomerates forced the strike -- it wouldn't have happened if they were willing to pay writers their fair share (that share being something, rather than nothing). Yeah, it sucks that people are being laid off and will have to collect unemployment, but the outcome of this is something that will define every career in Hollywood for years to come. As for coming back to the table, it's the AMPTP who are unwilling to do so. The WGA committee has said that they'd be more than happy to talk, and they're not the ones who walked out on the negotiations.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:26 pm  Reply with quote

i know all this, I work in the business not as a writer but in the camera department (and not in the US thankfully) so it just really hurts me to see that ppl who get paid far less then the writers are the ones the networks are fireing.
Yes writers deserve their share for downloaded material I'm not argueing that, I just think it's never good when ppl have to resort to a strike because ppl get hurt. Their might not be the line breakers as there used to be but if this strike goes for as long as they say the writers along with those whose livelyhoods are dependend are going to lose alot and I don't want to see that. So don't misconstrue my words, I support the writers I just hate the whole situation.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 pm  Reply with quote

I'm pissed at the whole thing, since it's given the BLIGHT of reality TV an even STRONGER foothold.

Quick question though: If all the writers are on strike, how are some shows coming back with "all new episodes"?
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
I'm pissed at the whole thing, since it's given the BLIGHT of reality TV an even STRONGER foothold.

Quick question though: If all the writers are on strike, how are some shows coming back with "all new episodes"?

Those episodes were already in the can before the strike. In some cases, like THE SHIELD, the scripts had been completed, and the productions went ahead and shot them. In other cases, the networks held over one or two eps that were completed to bring them back later.

Nothing has been written since the strike began.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 am  Reply with quote

Ok...that explains it then. I was just curious since I saw a few commercials on NBC for all new episodes of certain shows, and was wondering if perhaps they had scab writers crossing the picket lines or something.
Quest
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 am  Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the writers strike has sidelined a number of programs, including NBC's Heroes Origins.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:48 am  Reply with quote

Quest wrote:
Unfortunately, the writers strike has sidelined a number of programs, including NBC's Heroes Origins.

Untrue.

"Heroes: Origins" was dropped because of the falling ratings for season two and NBC's mission to redo and improve the series. They felt it was unnecessary to make a spin off when the show was suffering creatively.

I agree with them, in spite of my love for the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sirand
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:25 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Saw a promo at Fango.

The show looks utterly fucking terrible.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:44 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Saw a promo at Fango.

The show looks utterly fucking terrible.

I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked that moving to a mainstream network and being completely neutered of any sex and gore would turn it into shit!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caterpillar
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

There were always a lot of shitty episodes in MASTERS OF HORROR. If there's one or two good episodes among the FEAR ITSELF bunch things will be the same as before.
Dr. Mirakle
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 pm  Reply with quote

For those of you who are interested, it's on...and, oh joy, Rupert Wainwright is one of the directors.

Stuart Gordon’s “Eater”
Brad Anderson’s “Spooked”
Mary Haron’s “Community”
Breck Eisner’s “The Sacrifice”
John Landis’ “In Sickness and in Health”
Ronny Yu’s “Family Man”
Ernest Dickerson’s “Something With Bite”
Darren Bousman’s “New Year’s Day”
Larry Fessenden’s “Skin & Bones”
John Dahl's “Chance”
Rupert Wainwright’s “The Spirit Box”
"Echoes" written by Sean Hood, No director
Untitled episode shooting in July
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:28 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Caterpillar wrote:
There were always a lot of shitty episodes in MASTERS OF HORROR. If there's one or two good episodes among the FEAR ITSELF bunch things will be the same as before.

One of the only things that made MOH watchable was that there was tits and gore. Subtract all of one and half of the other, and I really don't know how this is going to succeed.

Sounds shallow, I know, but that's how bad some of the stories were. At least we still got "Imprint", "Cigarette Burns", and "Sounds Like" out of it.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell