FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Lost Planet....Get this on Xbox live
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:01 am  Reply with quote

Hey I played the "Lost Planet" Demo on Xbox360 live it is amazing!! It's a 3rd person shooter with uber grafics and intense gameplay I was shocked at how hard it is; they give 2 lvls on the demo on 360 online I have yet to pass 1 and I played em 5 times.The snow effects in this game make me want a cup of cocoa and some ginger bread cookies simply put this is gonna be a great game!! Deffintaly a system seller Shocked
theDrifter67
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

I seen this game def looks good, and reminds me of carpenters the Thing! which i think i read it was sorta inspired by.
plagiarize
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:23 pm  Reply with quote
Verbal Kaleidoscope/Dread Central Staff

theDrifter67 wrote:
I seen this game def looks good, and reminds me of carpenters the Thing! which i think i read it was sorta inspired by.

right indeed it was. this is being overseen by the same guy overseeing Dead Rising. he's obviously a horror fan, as even in a game that isn't overtly horror, you can see the horror references (and he has publically stated that the setting was inspired by John Carpenter's remake of the Thing).

the graphics aren't quite Gears of War good, but they're the best i've seen running playable on my 360 at home. a really fun show piece of a demo... and a nice sized demo too. two pretty lengthy and different missions.
Billz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

Does it have any horror elements?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EvilAndy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:03 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It's definitely got a "The Thing" vibe going on, but I was actually struck by the "Starship Troopers" feeling the demo gives off...actually, it pretty much seems to be the thing + starship troopers meets mechwarrior...if that doesn't sound like a freakin' wicked combo I don't know what does...and if you're not impressed by the black billowing cloud of smoke that shoots up after totalling a mech, you frankly cannot have eyes.

-Andy
plagiarize
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:06 pm  Reply with quote
Verbal Kaleidoscope/Dread Central Staff

Billz wrote:
Does it have any horror elements?

debateable.

there's lots of starship troopersesque bug monsters... cool looking things they are too. i don't know if giant bugs = horror element for most people though.
Billz
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

I like the graphics. The ammo meter in the crosshairs is a nice touch. Good gameplay. However, the snow crunching beneath your feet gets old after about 5 seconds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger