Abrams Has a Big Monster

default-featured-image

There are just no secrets in Hollywood anymore. I remember a day when you didn’t know jack or shit about a movie until the first time you saw a trailer for it in front of something else; now we know about movies months, sometimes years, before they even shoot. Doesn’t it kind of take the fun out of it?

Not really, no. When, for example, AICN’s Moriarty learns about a new secret movie being planned by J. J. Abrams, creator of “Alias” and “Lost” to name two; that’s pretty damn cool. The film is called Cloverfield and is, for all intents and purposes, a monster movie. A BIG monster movie.

Oh, I do love me some monster movies. According to what Moriarty’s learned, the film is going to be done differently than we’ve ever seen in that it will be shot primarily from the perspective of the camcorders of people experiencing an attack by the beast on New York. Now see, that’s just fucking brilliant if you ask me; it’s cheap, can be really scary if done right, and has potential to be something really special.

It’s also rumored that a trailer is being shot for the film that may be shown in front of Transformers, and as Moriarty puts it, “The end of it should feature one of those iconic images that makes people talk about a trailer for months.”

Shit. I’m excited. Of course Abrams is focusing most of his attentions on the new Star Trek film so who’s to say when Cloverfield, or whatever it will eventually be called, will roll, but as soon as we know more, so will you!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Give your big monster some room to play in our forums!
Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized