Tim Sullivan’s Dracula 1980 Crawls Forth From the Grave

default-featured-image
Source Name:

FEARnet’s Shock N Roll Blog

Source Url:

http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/tim_sullivan_shock_n_roll/b22174_i_was_teenage_dracula.html

Filmmaker Tim Sullivan is the kind of director who truly loves what he does. Making horror movies is in every fiber of Tim’s being, and while some in his position would prefer to keep their earlier works from seeing the light of day, he’d rather celebrate them. Case in point … Dracula 1980.

Tim Sullivan's Dracula 1980 Crawls Forth From the Grave“Since first mentioning Dracula 1980 here at SHOCK N ROLL, a lot of folks out there have asked me how to see this “lost classic”, writes Sullivan. “I use that term with tongue firmly planted in cheek, as this little Super 8 project I did at the tender age of 16 with my buddy Tom Davis was a passionate first effort with me doing my best Chris Lee- not exactly a lost classic along the lines of London After Midnight. However, it definitely is something I wouldn’t have minded seeing again- but I knew that the Super 8 film that it was shot on had long since crinkled into the sand of time.”

Tim continues, “To my great delight, however, and possibly yours, aforementioned buddy Tom dug through his archives and found (get this) a VHS tape of the film that was made with an old, old video camera shooting the film off his wall back in 1980! He made a DVD of it, which I have since digitized. So- for better or worse- here is a digitized file of a DVD made of a VHS of a video camera shooting a Super 8 film off a wall back in 1980! Got that? Believe or not- it doesn’t look that bad- you can check it out at the end of this blog on SNR TV. But first- the story behind Dracula 1980- dedicated to first time monster makers everywhere…”

Dig on the goodies below, and be sure to hit up the link to Tim’s blog for more!

TIM SULLIVAN’S “DRACULA 1980” from Sunchaser Pictures on Vimeo.

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Show us your skeletons in the comments section below.

Image Type 1:

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized