FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Fire Pro Wrestling Returns coming to the US...
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I has game.

Ken pleez hav Sabu n Haybusa n Barbed Wire Dethmach Plz?!

I ken! YAYZ!!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:17 pm  Reply with quote

I finally have the game thanks to Amazon.ca and I just had my first match! Even though I lost it still kicked ass. All the stuff you can do is staggering.

Now this is a wrestling game! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
I finally have the game thanks to Amazon.ca and I just had my first match! Even though I lost it still kicked ass. All the stuff you can do is staggering.

Indeed!

Who needs 3D graphics and realistic sweat when you can enjoy the mass chaos of an 8-man Barbed wire Deathmatch?

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Indeed!

Who needs 3D graphics and realistic sweat when you can enjoy the mass chaos of an 8-man Barbed wire Deathmatch?

Oh yes. "Extreme Rules" is so vanilla after having a 2 on 2 landmine deathmatch with exploding barb-wire boards. Smile I love it when Mr. Pogo breaks out that scythe and of course Abdullah with the ghetto fork FTW. I've won a few matches now and it's great fun. I've also created two belts thus far: Word X Title (cruiserweight) and Brass Knuckles (hardcore).

I love this game. Right up there with NO MERCY in terms of fun,
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:26 pm  Reply with quote

Having no-DQ/deathmatches between Mad Man Pondo and Terry Funk is the shit! I love how every different school of wrestling is represented from old school to new school, hardcore to luchador...the variety is fucking staggering.

FPWR is my favorite release of the year. Bar none. Cool
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Having no-DQ/deathmatches between Mad Man Pondo and Terry Funk is the shit! I love how every different school of wrestling is represented from old school to new school, hardcore to luchador...the variety is fucking staggering.

indeed. I just wish I had more time to devote to this and GH 3.

Aw, who am I'd kidding. I'd just use it to play more FPWR.

I'm in the process of putting together my federation, and I'd like to try to sim the matches for the TNA/NJPW show next month. It's scary that of the entire card, I'd only have to make like, 6 guys.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:59 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

I'm in the process of putting together my federation, and I'd like to try to sim the matches for the TNA/NJPW show next month. It's scary that of the entire card, I'd only have to make like, 6 guys.

Scary in a good way, surely? Wink I'm still in awe of the default roster for the selection alone. Now try simming that TNA/NJPW card on SDvsRAW '08 and it'll probably break your PS2 or the matches will be less than 5 minutes and no crazy highspots because the WWE enforces the "safe style" on their "sports entertainers" Rolling Eyes

Have you found a good Paul London CAW? I mean not in an Edit Pack (since I don't have the tools to download one yet) but as in attributes and such. I want to make Londrick the first ever World X Tag Team Champions. Oh and the tag matches this game lets you have are phenomenal...but you know this already. Simming/playing this game never gets old. Oh and a word of advice...don't let Morishima become a belt holder. HE'S BLOODY BRUTAL! Jeez.

I can't wait to see that TNA/NJPW special in January. Even if it's one hour it's still something rare to see in North America. Consider me stoked!
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:48 pm  Reply with quote

Just got done my first tourney, doing 6 24 man tournaments to crown the International Champion. With the winners of Tourneyts 1-3 facing in 1 3-way and winners of tourneys 4-6 in a second one and the winner of them facing for the belt Very Happy

Though I screwed up and made the first tourney 20 man I dunno

R1
Brock Lesnar
RVD
Dean Malenko
Willaim Regal
Davey Boy Smith
Mitsuharu Misawa
Kerry Von Erich
Magnum TOKYO
Steve Corino
Masato Tanaka
Kevin Thorn
Phil LaFon
Ted DiBiase
Razor Ramon
Elijah Burke
Tiger Jeet Singh
Giant Silva
Masa Saito
Rick Martel
Keiji Mutoh

R2
Brock Lesnar
Willaim Regal
Mitsuharu Misawa
Kerry Von Erich
Steve Corino
Phil LaFon
Razor Ramon
Tiger Jeet Singh
Giant Silva
Keiji Mutoh

R3
Willaim Regal
Mitsuharu Misawa
Phil LaFon
Razor Ramon
Giant Silva<bye>

R4
Mitsuharu Misawa
Phil LaFon
Giant Silva<bye>

Final
Giant Silva
Mitsuharu Misawa

Winner
Mitsuharu Misawa

Misawa's gonna be a bitch to take down, he takes a beating and just keeps on coming.

Love this game Very Happy
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:53 am  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Scary in a good way, surely? Wink I'm still in awe of the default roster for the selection alone. Now try simming that TNA/NJPW card on SDvsRAW '08 and it'll probably break your PS2 or the matches will be less than 5 minutes and no crazy highspots because the WWE enforces the "safe style" on their "sports entertainers" Rolling Eyes

Have you found a good Paul London CAW? I mean not in an Edit Pack (since I don't have the tools to download one yet) but as in attributes and such. I want to make Londrick the first ever World X Tag Team Champions. Oh and the tag matches this game lets you have are phenomenal...but you know this already. Simming/playing this game never gets old. Oh and a word of advice...don't let Morishima become a belt holder. HE'S BLOODY BRUTAL! Jeez.

I can't wait to see that TNA/NJPW special in January. Even if it's one hour it's still something rare to see in North America. Consider me stoked!

Haven't seen a Paul London CAW. I would check either CAWS.ws or the GameFAQS FPWR boards. I would recommend Fireproclub, but they seem to stick more to the packs. I wouldn't think a Paul London CAW would be that hard. I noticed Ricky Marvin loked very similar to PL, might be a good place to start.

I was hoping I would be able to DL packs and then get the formulas from there if anyone needed them, but my current flash drive doesn't seem to be working with AR Max. So, I gotta find a cheap one that's compatible. Ah well.

Also, awesome tourney, BlackFlagg. My big goal is to get my C.A.W. guys done so I can start with League Play.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:58 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the Ricky Marvin tip. I'll give that a whirl. Smile

American Dragon and El Samurai as a tag team? YES. Oh how I love this game. Embarassed
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:23 am  Reply with quote

Just had a trilogy of great matches between The Great Muta (me) and Terry Funk to determine the #1 contender for the Brass Knuckles (hardcore) championship. Funk won the first match, Muta won the second and the blowoff was a no holds barred cage deathmatch which I won. Great stuff!

Now it's time for Muta vs. Abdullah the Butcher in a landmine deathmatch for the championship. Smile
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:30 am  Reply with quote

Bump.

Ever try playing a SDvsRAW game after playing FPWR for a few months? I did and I can definitely say that I've never playing one of those games again. The controls are so damn clunky to me now and the match lengths are too damn short! In short it wasn't very enjoyable at all.

Side note: Apparently they're "rewriting" the AI for SDvsRAW 2009 and they're "improving" tag matches this year. Laughing

I cannot count how many awesome tag matches I've had in FPWR. Especially the current feud between my team of SUWA/Mike Awesome (the current World Tag Team champs) and the British Bulldogs has resulted in some great epic encounters.

I'm also running a massive 32 team tournament to determine the first two contenders to battle for the newly created World Trios Titles. 6-man tag team insanity!

Am I the only one still hopelessly addicted to this game?
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Bump.

Ever try playing a SDvsRAW game after playing FPWR for a few months? I did and I can definitely say that I've never playing one of those games again. The controls are so damn clunky to me now and the match lengths are too damn short! In short it wasn't very enjoyable at all.

Side note: Apparently they're "rewriting" the AI for SDvsRAW 2009 and they're "improving" tag matches this year. Laughing

I cannot count how many awesome tag matches I've had in FPWR. Especially the current feud between my team of SUWA/Mike Awesome (the current World Tag Team champs) and the British Bulldogs has resulted in some great epic encounters.

I'm also running a massive 32 team tournament to determine the first two contenders to battle for the newly created World Trios Titles. 6-man tag team insanity!

Nope, I'm still doing a lot of work on the wrestlers when I can. I've been simming a bunch opf matches for a league I'm in, and am even sneaking in some of my wrestlers, too. Here's the link to my Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/ChainsawFPW

And I simmed WM matches on my copy of SDvR 06 this weekend. The Batista/Umaga match WOULD NOT END! All the wrestlers did was brawl on the outside for 10 minutes. It was terrible. And this was before they really screwed things up with 08 by changing the control scheme and taking away the ability to switch to the old style, as well as the inability to manually focus on wrestlers and the absolutely atrocious 24/7 Mode. I don't believe anything Cory Buttgoblin Ledesma says about the game anymore, because for every step they take forward, they take 3 steps back. I want to see in succeed and get better, but they're not interested in that. THQ and WWE just want to put out a licensed game every year and steal $60+ from people for the same basic product. That's the main reason why they want to push DLC. I'm not paying $3 a pop to get 2 John Cena shirts. I also find it hard to swallow that it's taken them 7 iterations to even consider how to make tag matches workable.

OK, I'll got off my rantbox now...

BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:15 pm  Reply with quote

and in making the tag teams matches what's gonna get taken away? Because everytime they improve one aspect of the game, another part that was good seems to end up getting downgraded.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:10 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:
Bump.

Nope, I'm still doing a lot of work on the wrestlers when I can. I've been simming a bunch opf matches for a league I'm in, and am even sneaking in some of my wrestlers, too. Here's the link to my Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/ChainsawFPW

And I simmed WM matches on my copy of SDvR 06 this weekend. The Batista/Umaga match WOULD NOT END! All the wrestlers did was brawl on the outside for 10 minutes. It was terrible. And this was before they really screwed things up with 08 by changing the control scheme and taking away the ability to switch to the old style, as well as the inability to manually focus on wrestlers and the absolutely atrocious 24/7 Mode. I don't believe anything Cory Buttgoblin Ledesma says about the game anymore, because for every step they take forward, they take 3 steps back. I want to see in succeed and get better, but they're not interested in that. THQ and WWE just want to put out a licensed game every year and steal $60+ from people for the same basic product. That's the main reason why they want to push DLC. I'm not paying $3 a pop to get 2 John Cena shirts. I also find it hard to swallow that it's taken them 7 iterations to even consider how to make tag matches workable.

OK, I'll got off my rantbox now...

Oh you should've seen my rants about 07/08. So don't feel bad ranting about such a lackluster wrest...no wait, it's a not wrestling game...it's a sports entertainment simulation. Wink

Oh BTW I've added you as a friend on Youtube. I've got quite a few wrestling related friends with videos...who haven't been suspended yet. Check out "KevinWTaylor" and "bloodriotzero" for some vintage ECW goodness.

As for Cory "I listen to the fans" Ledesma...he's a corporate mouthpiece for a series of games put out by a corporation that doesn't care about the sport of professional wrestling. That's why the 2009 version will be just as crappy as the previous ones.

Oh I'm sure they'll remove the Cruiserweight title too since it's not active anymore. Along with a few dozen more cruiserweight moves. Hah!

Anyways, I'm glad that others share the love of FPWR like I do. Now if they somehow get the rights to KING OF COLOSSEUM II I'd be an even happier wrestling addict.