Director Tommy Stovall Gives Us a Dose of Info on Aaron’s Blood

default-featured-image

With his third feature film presentation taking on the world of vampire horror, director Tommy Stovall gave Aaron’s Blood an infusion of a modern day topic such as bullying and employed it to enhance the film’s plot. He was more than kind enough to give us a few minutes of his time to discuss the film, as well as what he’s got in store for audiences next, so grab a seat, listen on and enjoy.

DC: Can you give us all a description of the film’s premise, as well as how it came to be that you wrote up this story?

TS: Well, the film is about a child that is a hemophiliac, and he contracts a vampire virus and becomes a vampire, and the remainder of the film revolves around his father trying to stop the transformation and save him, and it’s really a story about how far the father will go for his son. I actually came up with the premise a while ago when my son told me that he wanted to play a vampire, so I revisited that idea several years later and tried to come up with an original concept, which is hard when you’re involving vampires, but it ended up evolving into this father-son relationship story.

DC: With this being the third film that you’ve directed, have you noticed a progression in your directorial style when it comes to your filmmaking?

TS: Yeah, I guess I have – I feel like I know more with every movie, and I’ve learned with every project. All of my movies are completely different – I like doing different things, and my first two films weren’t horror, so I liked to explore different genres, and I think I’m getting more and more comfortable with the whole process during each film.

DC: You mentioned earlier that your son wanted to play a vampire, as he did in this film, and he’s acted in both of your other films as well. Is this a passion of his, and also do you find it difficult to direct your own son in your films?

TS: I don’t find it hard, but it is a bit tricky as I always find myself worrying about how it’s all going to turn out, but it actually turns out pretty well. He gets on the set and he’s pretty professional, and we try to work everything out with him as far as his part goes before we start shooting, so when it comes time to shoot, he can be relaxed and hang out and have fun. I think it depends on the day – he’s into a lot of stuff, and acting is one of them along with sports and all that kind of stuff.

DC: After the release of Aaron’s Blood, what can fans expect to see from you down the road?

TS: We’re working on a film, and we’ll start shooting in a couple of weeks, and it’s another horror/drama, and it’s about a woman who turns her house into a bed and breakfast, and she basically stalks her guests – it’s called Room for Rent.

Aaron’s Blood, the third feature from Arizona-based Pasidg Productions, is written and directed by Tommy Stovall and was produced by Marc Sterling. James Martinez (“Low Winter Sun,” “Breaking Bad”), Michael Chieffo (Argo), and Trevor Sterling Stovall star.

Gravitas Ventures has given the vampire drama thriller Aaron’s Blood official release dates, including a limited theatrical date of June 2nd. The film will then arrive on Blu-ray, DVD, and OnDemand on June 6th. The physical releases will include, “Introduction To; Making Of; Behind the Scenes; and Deleted Scenes.

Aaron’s Blood can be pre-ordered via iTunes.

Synopsis:
Aaron copes with his new life as a single father and the distant relationship he shares with his only child Tate. A timid hemophiliac, Tate is roughed up at school by the chief bully causing a massive nosebleed that lands him in the hospital fighting for his life. He makes a miraculous recovery after a necessary blood transfusion, but Aaron begins to notice progressively strange behaviors in his son. Faced with the grim possibility that his son could be becoming a vampire, Aaron enlists the help of a local vampire hunter and embarks on a frantic search to find the source of the infection to stop the transformation before it’s too late.

Sending
User Rating 0 (0 votes)
Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: