Aargh Presents a Day in the Life of a Retired Japanese Movie Monster

default-featured-image

Yesterday we shorted you on the weekly WTF Friday of the Week. Day late, dollar short, but I think this trailer for Aargh will quench your thirst for WTF-ness. A 15-minute German short film about the day in the life of an ex-star of Japanese monster movies, and I don’t mean one of the human actors.

When Avery Guerra forwarded me this trailer earlier this week, I wasn’t really sure what to make of it. A brief Googling turned up what little extra info I could find on this oddball short flick from the land that worships Hasselhoff. Directed by Philip Hillers, written by Katharina Hillers, and starring Ulli Voland as “Aargh” – at least from the neck down.

This film portrays one day in the life of an ex-star of Japanese monster-movies – Aargh, who is starting a new life in a city. It’s his first work day in the Berlin ZOO as a helper, and he, accompanied by the always present film crew, meets his new colleagues and challenges. At the same time, he fights prejudice and overcomes obstacles. This feature combines three main film genres – feature, documentary and animated film.

Lord knows if or when we’ll see Aargh or if it will even be worth seeking out. No question the 54-second trailer is worth a look just so you can remark “WTF?”

Aargh Presents a Day in the Life of a Retired Japanese Movie Monster

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Retire in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized