FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Fire Pro Wrestling Returns coming to the US...
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:46 pm  Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_Returns For those who haven't heard of it.

From fireproclub.com

Quote:

We have recently acquired the rights and received approval from SCEA to publish Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the North America and Europe. I’m the localization producer working on this title and I am thrilled to be doing so. I admit that I am not a “hardcore” FPW fan, however I am a “hardcore” gamer - always have been and always will be. Those who are familiar with the approval process at SCEA can understand that getting this title approved was not an easy task, however the gameplay greatly outweighs what some would consider poor and/or dated graphics.

With this being said – I would like both the NTSC and Pal version to be as authentic as possible. I am looking for some help from both the Fire Pro Club community and some key people who I can work closely with that have a solid and complete love for the series.

Cheers,
Mark

327 original wrestlers and on top of that 500 create a wrestler slots, hell yeah.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:16 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

And to think I was going to spend over $100 to get a modded PS2 and a copy of the Japanese game.

I've been excited at the prospect of this all day at all of the boards I visit. It's unreal that this could actually happen, as I've had the most fun playing this series, outside of No Mercy.

So, Cory Ledesma, Yukes, WWE and THQ. You can take your Cena/Lashley/Taker Smackdown Vs. Raw 08 and cram it with hot sauce, uglies. REAL WRESTLING IS BACK, BITCH!!

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

What's this gonna be on?
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

PS2 I's believe
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, it's only on PS2. People were discussing on the FPC forum whether you could put it on the Arcade, but they figured it'd be too big.

Even if this game tanks in America, I don;t care. I have waited many years to play this on a console and NOT have to pay over 100 bucks for all the pieces.

500 CAW slots...The ability to edit outfits...logo editor...hell, you can even edit your own REFEREES...

I cannot fucking wait.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

Only a few more weeks! November 16th can't get here fast enough...

I'm damn close to freezing myself!

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 pm  Reply with quote

Looks like it'll be coming out up here in Canada next week! Score! Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:31 am  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:

Jesus, it didn't even occur to me that I will more than likely have this game in my hands NEXT WEEK!!

I should have taken more time off from work. Very Happy

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Jesus, it didn't even occur to me that I will more than likely have this game in my hands NEXT WEEK!!

I should have taken more time off from work. Very Happy

Well, seeing as I lucked out finding a copy of NO MERCY for my N64 a few months ago. FPR will compliment it pretty nicely. Very Happy

Slight thread derail time: After playing NO MERCY quite a bit and enjoying every minute of it. I tried playing my copy of SDvsRAW 2006 and the difference in gameplay was quite apparent. In NM the matches have total freedom inside and outside of the ring (especially in hardcore bouts) as well as the matches flowing better. In SDvsRAW you have to set the sliders to get a decent 10 plus minute match, but in NM you just set it to Hard and you get some epic matches. 30 minutes plus in a lot of instances as well as some 60 minute draws. Being able to throw weapons and do moves onto weapons is a great treat as well....anyhow...enough of the NM gushing already. Embarassed

I can't wait to play FPR, a game for the wresting fan not the casual one the WWE caters to. Cool
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:20 pm  Reply with quote

And now I sit, waiting for the call from GameCrazy to tell me my copy is in.

This is not going to be a productive weekend.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

I was going to order this from Amazon.ca but it says that the shipping time for FPWR will be 1 TO 2 MONTHS! Fuck that noise! I'll order it from EB.com and pay a little more for the international shipping. Sheesh.

Oh and if anyone is tempted in buying SDvsRAW '08....don't. I hear it's pretty terrible this year with the addition of 24/7 mode. "Extreme Rules" matches do not a game make.

Besides, I can have one of those in NO MERCY. Had a brutal one with Stone Cold vs. "American Badass" Undertaker that lasted 22 minutes. Putting Taker through a table in the locker room = Awesome. Very Happy
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:

Besides, I can have one of those in NO MERCY. Had a brutal one with Stone Cold vs. "American Badass" Undertaker that lasted 22 minutes. Putting Taker through a table in the locker room = Awesome. Very Happy

There's a rumor going around that there gonna have No Mercy on Wii with an updated roster...if that happens I am so gettin' a Wii, heh
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:32 pm  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

There's a rumor going around that there gonna have No Mercy on Wii with an updated roster...if that happens I am so gettin' a Wii, heh

I don't know how that's gonna happen, but if it does happen...I will kill a granny to get a Wii.

BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:37 pm  Reply with quote

Yay my copy arrived today <does happy dance>
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for mine.

Thanks for screwing me over, Gamecrazy.

I'ma gonna burn that place to the ground...