FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Reaper
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:39 am  Reply with quote

I'm still watching this, and this show is getting better and better. The relationship between Sam and the Devil has developed intriguingly, there are signs of a deeper mythology, and there are a ton of hilariously quotable lines.

From the last ep: "I'm sorry, Sam. I didn't realize you were a homosexual. That sound you hear? That's every guy in the world laughing at you."

Good stuff. Easily my favorite of this mostly tepid fall season.

Last edited by Messiahman on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:40 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
I'm still watching this, and this show is getting better and better. The relationship between Sam and the Devil has developed intriguingly, there are signs of a deeper mythology, and there are a ton of hilariously quotable lines.

From the last ep: "I'm sorry, Sam. I didn't realize you were a homosexual. That sound you hear? That's every guy in the world laughing at you."

Good stuff.

I completely agree. This is a fun show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:42 am  Reply with quote

Also, the fact that they managed to bring on the brilliantly hysterical Patton Oswalt for a guest spot cemented their coolness. Between this and SUPERNATURAL, the CW has my favorite genre offerings currently on the air.
Terminal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Also, the fact that they managed to bring on the brilliantly hysterical Patton Oswalt for a guest spot cemented their coolness.

Once again, I'm in agreement. I consistently love the Devil's attitude toward Sam. He likes him but will gladly send him to hell if he bites back. Wise is wonderful as Satan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

This week's episode was the best so far. At various points, I literally howled with laughter.

Highlights:

- Mitch Pilleggi telling Sock that he has twenty seconds to leave the room before getting beaten to death with a phonebook.

- Satan offering Sam a baseball bat and inviting him to "go all Barry Bonds on my ass."

- Sam and Greg engaging in the girliest slapfight ever.

- Sock and Ben stalking Gladys, the DMV demon, which results in Sock having the most horrifying dream EVER.

- Satan using Sam in order to collect on old debts.

And the best part...Sam now has a "Get Out of Hell Free" card. How much you wanna bet that comes into play later on this season?

REAPER has become one of the highlights of my week.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
This week's episode was the best so far. At various points, I literally howled with laughter.

Highlights:

- Mitch Pilleggi telling Sock that he has twenty seconds to leave the room before getting beaten to death with a phonebook.

The first three times I saw it during the commercial I laughed a lot, but for some reason all in the moment of the episode I was in hysterics. The deadpan of Pilleggi was genius.

Messiahman wrote:
- Satan offering Sam a baseball bat and inviting him to "go all Barry Bonds on my ass."

Don't forget the line:

"I appreciate the courtesy of not going for my crotch."

Messiahman wrote:
- Sam and Greg engaging in the girliest slapfight ever.

So stupid but still... so damn funny! You figure they'd have had a more dramatic fight, but damn I was in sheer disbelief.

Messiahman wrote:
- Sock and Ben stalking Gladys, the DMV demon, which results in Sock having the most horrifying dream EVER.

That dream was hilarious. "You have a pretty mouth."

Messiahman wrote:
- Satan using Sam in order to collect on old debts.

That ending was great.

Messiahman wrote:
And the best part...Sam now has a "Get Out of Hell Free" card. How much you wanna bet that comes into play later on this season?

It's a shame this season only has so many episodes left, because I'd love to see what Satan has planned with that card.

Messiahman wrote:
REAPER has become one of the highlights of my week.

I agree, it's a great hour. I also agree with many that it should be with Supernatural as a two hour demon line up.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

I really love the character of Gladys. She's just a 9 to 5 demon who spends her spare time collecting Hummel angels and growing flowers in a greenhouse -- and she's also the "bitchy old lady down the street" that all the neighborhood kids torment. Funny shit.

As for teaming it up with SUPERNATURAL, yep -- they're a natural fit. I'd also like to see a crossover episode written by Ben Edlund. The thought of the Winchester boys finally facing off against Lucifer himself in the form of Ray Wise is absolutely hysterical.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Damn, I missed the past two episodes due tot he fact that I was too lazy to change the setting to 'record all on this channel' on my DVR.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:18 am  Reply with quote

lethaldread wrote:
Damn, I missed the past two episodes due tot he fact that I was too lazy to change the setting to 'record all on this channel' on my DVR.

Bit Torrent is your friend.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:50 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Your right, I forgot.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
MagusPress
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:00 am  Reply with quote

I fell in love with Reaper immediately. I love the characters, I love the Devil (who was on Twin Peaks, giving him extra cool points) and I love the losers-become-bad-ass thing. It's like Clerks. With escaped souls from hell.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Did anyone see the finale?

It's probably one of my favorite episodes so far.

I LOVED that final scene, and the prank phone call from the devil had me in hysterics.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Also, the fact that they managed to bring on the brilliantly hysterical Patton Oswalt for a guest spot cemented their coolness. Between this and SUPERNATURAL, the CW has my favorite genre offerings currently on the air.

So you like Supernatural again now?

Anyways, when are new episodes of Reaper coming out?
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:

So you like Supernatural again now?

Anyways, when are new episodes of Reaper coming out?