Rob Zombie Talks The Lords of Salem

default-featured-image

With production likely to begin in March, all eyes are on Rob Zombie to deliver a new original feature so that he can officially shed the skin of remakes past.

Recently Zombie sat down with The List to shine some light on the movie and also his next album. Dig on some excerpts below, and hit up that linkage for the whole enchilada.

“I’m going to probably start pre-production in March; hopefully I’ll shoot it around June, and that’s the next movie,” he explains, adding, “and as far as the next musical project, I’m not sure. I’d like to get another album out early next year and hit the road again on another full tour.

‘Lords of Salem’ is an original idea, it’s a new thing, it’s something I’ve been working on,” he explains of his inspiration. “I grew up in Massachusetts so the Salem Witch Trials was something that figured in big as a kid. Even as a kid they’d take you to the Witch Museum. And that might have something to do with the things that I like. It’s based on historical fact about the Salem Witch Trials and their modern day repercussions so the film takes place in modern times, but it’s a witch movie.

The film has been put together by Haunted Films, the company run by the Paranormal Activity team of Jason Blum, Steven Schneider, and Oren Peli.

The story follows a DJ in Salem who unleashes a horde of demonic minions (a 300-year-old coven of witches) after she plays a cursed record.

What excited me most was Jason saying [I] can have total control over the script, casting, and final cut,” Zombie said in an earlier interview regarding the project. “I said I’m in.

Look for more soon!

Rob Zombie Talks The Lords of Salem

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Become a lord in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized