Jeri Ryan Returning to Mortal Kombat Web Series

default-featured-image

After seeing the promo film Mortal Kombat: Rebirth months ago, we’ve been stoked for another live action adaptation. When the announcement from Warner Premiere came that the man behind the awesome short, Kevin Tancharoen, would be bringing his vision to an official Mortal Kombat web series, we were elated. The good news keeps on coming!

Mortal KombatActress Jeri Ryan, who played Sonya Blade in Rebirth, announced today via Twitter she would be back to reprise her role, starring opposite Michael Jai White, who leads the cast as Major Jackson ‘Jax’ Briggs.

Heading to the farmer’s market with the hubs & my girl. Then this evening I head to Vancouver to shoot Mortal Kombat! (NOW it’s official),” she stated, later adding, “just finished reading the whole script for Mortal Kombat. Holy crap… I think u might just love it. Get ready…

In other Mortal Kombat news, Bloody Disgusting got their hands on the official shooting synopsis. Dig on that below, and look for more soon.

Synopsis
Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are obsessed with reigning over various realms (parallel universes), and the winners of Mortal Kombat competitions are granted supreme control over these worlds. The Earthrealm (Earth) is an unconscious participant in this competition, and only a few select humans understand the consequences of losing Mortal Kombat and what it will mean to Earth.

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Finish someone in the comments section below.

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized