DVD and Blu-ray Releases: February 8th – I Spit on Your Paranormal Soul

default-featured-image

We are very giddy this week because a couple of titles that are near and dear to our hearts will be available for you folks to take home.

While we had gone on ad nauseam about the spectacular second Paranormal Activity demonic home invasion film, you can now watch it in your own house over and over again. Your home surveillance camera videos may never be the same again! We are also treated to not one, but both I Spit on Your Graves – the original from the 1970s and the new remake of a gritty film which may be disturbing to some but nonetheless empowering.

The other titles released this week from our genre may not be as beloved, but they are worth mentioning for the completists out there. Maybe they make better sense when viewed in the safety of one’s home.

Paranormal Activity 2 on DVDParanormal Activity 2 (Blu-ray REVIEW)
Directed by Tod “Kip” Williams
Starring Brian Boland, Molly Ephraim, Sprague Grayden, Vivis Cortez, Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat

“Paranormal Activity 2 is as groundbreaking as the original.” Just as Dan and Kristi welcome a newborn baby into their home, a demonic presence begins terrorizing them, tearing apart their perfect world and turning it into an inescapable nightmare. Security cameras capture the torment, making every minute horrifyingly real. Our Uncle Creepy warned that “your sleepless nights are about to return”. Make sure to catch up on our Paranormal Activity 2 CENTRAL. Don’t forget to read our recent interviews with Ali (Molly Ephraim) and Martine (Vivis Columbetti) from the film.

Buy the Blu-ray or the regular DVD.

I Spit On Your Grave 2010 on DVDI Spit on Your Grave 2010 (Blu-ray REVIEW)
Directed by Steven R. Monroe
Starring Sarah Butler, Daniel Franzese, Chad Lindberg, Jeff Branson, Andrew Howard, Tracey Walter

Jennifer Hills is a big-city novelist who rents an isolated country cabin to write her new book. But when she is brutally raped by a group of sadistic rednecks, Jennifer has plans for more than mere revenge. One-by-one she will find them. She will inflict horrific acts of agonizing torment upon them. And no jury in America would ever convict her. Jeff Branson, Daniel Franzese, Rodney Eastman, Chad Lindberg and Tracey Walter co-star in this graphic, shocking and undeniably disturbing new take on one of the most controversial films of all time. Watch some Blu-ray DVD video clips and read our Interview with Sarah Butler. Catch up on everything from our I Spit On Your Grave CENTRAL.

I Spit On Your Grave 1978 on DVDI Spit on Your Grave 1978 (Blu-ray REVIEW)
Directed by Meir Zarchi
Starring Camille Keaton, Eron Tabor, Richard Pace, Gunter Kleeman

Some condemned it as ‘vile’, ‘depraved’ and ‘degenerate entertainment’. Others acclaimed it as ‘disturbing’, ‘misunderstood’, and ‘the ultimate feminist movie’. Now more than 30 years later, re-experience one of the most hated, debated and controversial movies of all time: Camille Keaton stars as Jennifer Hills, an attractive city woman who rents a backwoods cabin to begin writing her first novel. She is soon attacked by a group of local lowlifes – including one who is mentally disabled – and dragged screaming into a nightmare of rape, sodomy and violence. Left for dead, she devises a horrific plan for revenge. These men will be cut, chopped, broken and burned beyond recognition…but no jury in America would ever convict her. You may be shocked, outraged or even disgusted. Yet you will never forget the raw impact of the original I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE.

My Soul To Take on DVDMy Soul to Take (Blu-ray REVIEW)
Directed by Wes Craven
Starring Max Thieriot, Emily Meade, Raul Esparza, Denzel Whitaker, John Magaro

In the sleepy town of Riverton, legend tells of a serial killer who swore he would return to murder the seven children born the night he died. Now, 16 years later, people are disappearing again. Has the psychopath been reincarnated as one of the seven teens, or did he survive the night he was left for dead? Only one of the kids knows the answer. Adam “Bug” Heller (Max Thierot) was supposed to die on the bloody night his father went insane. Unaware of his dad’s terrifying crimes, he has been plagued by nightmares since he was a baby. But if Bug hopes to save his friends from the monster that’s returned, he must face an evil that won’t rest … until it finishes the job it began the day he was born. Catch up on our My Soul To Take CENTRAL.

Late Fee on DVDLate Fee
Directed by John Carchietta and Carl Morano
Starring J.D. Brown, Stephanie Danielson, Chris Cusano, Georgia Kate Haege, Kerri Miller, and Sergio Jones.

It’s Halloween eve and a young couple – BOY (J.D. Brown) and GIRL (Stephanie Danielson) – are desperate for something to do. They find an out-of-the-way DVD store just as it’s closing for a private party. They beg the proprietor (Rick Poli) to let them rent some DVDs and ask for the “scariest” movies in the store. The store owner reluctantly rents them his two most prized horror films on the strict condition that they return them before midnight or pay the severe late fee penalty.

Buy the Blu-ray Combo.

KW Low

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
“Like” us on the Dread Central Facebook Fan Page!

Discuss these (& other) new DVDs in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized