Shadow Puppets Come Home

default-featured-image

Shadow Puppets art (click to see it bigger)Anchor Bay/Starz Home Entertainment (I still can’t figure out which one to refer to them as) are known for many things; putting out good direct-to-DVD horror is, sadly, not one of them.

But I have to admit that Shadow Puppets, the latest title they’ve announced to be hitting shelves July 24th, has some promise and not just because of its thespian cred. The film is about a group of strangers who wake up in an abandoned asylum with no memories of how they got there. Obviously they’re there for nefarious reasons, but thankfully it’s not to be tortured; instead they’re being pursued by a monster with a taste for blood. Nice!

James Marsters (Spike from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel”), Jolene Blalock (“Star Trek: Enterprise”) and Tony Todd (Candyman) star in the film, which was helmed by Michael Winnick. Features on the disc will include commentary by Winnick and cinematographer Jonathan Hale, comments by the cast and crew (?) and some trailers.

Sound good? If nothing else you Marsters fans (among which I count myself) will want to check it out, so make sure you do the right think and click here to pre-order Shadow Puppets through Evilshop!

Johnny Butane

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Be pursued by new monsters in our forums!
Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized