Finally! A D-War Date!

default-featured-image

Finally! D-War gets a date!See what happens when I throw down the gauntlet? Just yesterday I write an article about a new D-War trailer, declaring how fed up I am about having written about this movie for years with still no release date in sight and a few hours later comes word that D-War now has a release date. No doubt this is just an amazing coincidence, but I’ll just pretend the doing was all mine. Sort of like when President Johnson declared after Walter Cronkite went on the air denouncing the Vietnam War, “If I’ve lost Cronkite, then I’ve lost Middle America.”

D-War is d-layed no more, so sayeth an article from Sci-Fi Japan:

“The long-awaited South Korean fantasy/monster movie D-WAR will finally see the light of day. On June 4, Korean distributor Showbox (The Host) officially announced that the monster epic will be released in both South Korea and the United States this August.

According to a press release from the distributor, D-War will open on August 2 in South Korea and later that month in the United States (the exact date has yet to be revealed). Showbox also provided the rather surprising news that the film will be released on more than 1,500 screens across America. If this does happen, D-War will become the first South Korean film ever to receive a wide release in the United States as well as the first to open almost simultaneously in both South Korea and the US.”

The North American side of the release will be handled by Freestyle Releasing, the company that helped bring us last fall’s After Darks Horrorfest.

Now my immediate question becomes; which will be more difficult, securing a 1,500 screen release in under two months or D-War making back its $70 million budget? On the plus side, with only two months of prep before its American release, can’t imagine the marketing budget for this thing costing too much.

The Foywonder

Got news? Click here to submit it!
Recognize the power of Foy’s words and threats in our forums!
Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!

Share: 

Categorized:Uncategorized