Phoenix Forgotten Trailer Promises Alien Abduction Terror

default-featured-image

If you watch the trailer for Phoenix Forgotten and feel some stirrings of “I feel like I’ve seen this before,” that’s because it bears a striking similarity to 2016’s Blair Witch. Both movies are found footage, both feature documentary filmmakers, and both feature someone who is a sibling of a missing person, the subject of the search.

What sets Phoenix Forgotten apart from Blair Witch is the nature of the film, swapping out supernatural witches in the forest for UFOs and aliens in the Sonoran Desert. And while there are a shocking amount of comparisons that can be made, I find myself rather eager for Phoenix Forgotten. Something about alien abductions has always struck a chord of fear in me, starting with 1993’s excellent and absolutely terrifying Fire in the Sky.

Also, while this may seem like a low budget feature, it’s produced by Scott Free Productions, which is owned by Ridley Scott of Alien and Blade Runner fame, so I’m guessing there are going to be some interesting tricks up this movie’s sleeves.

Give the trailer a watch, and let me know what you think in the comments below!

Synopsis:
In the spring of 1997, several residents of Phoenix, Arizona, claimed to witness mysterious lights in the sky. This phenomenon, which became known as “The Phoenix Lights,” remains the most famous UFO sighting in American history. On July 23, 1997, three high school student filmmakers went missing while camping in the desert outside Phoenix. The purpose of their trip was to document their investigation into the Phoenix Lights. They were never seen again. Twenty years later, Sarah Bishop, a documentary filmmaker and younger sibling of one of the missing, returns to Phoenix to delve into the their disappearances and the emotional trauma left on those that knew them. Nothing can prepare her for the shocking discovery of a tape from the night her brother and his friends disappeared.

Phoenix Forgotten comes out April 21, 2017.

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: