FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Wolverine
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:35 am  Reply with quote

20th Century Fox promised exhibitors in Amsterdam that it will release its proposed X-Men spinoff movie, Wolverine, in 2007, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=36805
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

I've seen Wolverine: The movie already, they're called X-Men, X2, and X-men: The Last Stand.

I like the Wolverine character, so I may watch this.

Perhaps this will mean more focus on other characters in the next X-men films, maybe they'll take out Wolverine and use Gambit as the lure... and maybe I'll win a million bucks and be crowned king of the world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goo4reel
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:09 pm  Reply with quote

Tis Supposed to be a prequel With the weapon X project but I hope It is some new more exciting material
StephenG.Jones
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

I just hope it's Wolverine before he became Superman, and healed instantly. back when getting run through with a sword meant something to him. when he'd get shot in the head and I'd be holding my breath for pages, not sure if his healing factor was going to pull him through this or not.

guess this means they'll bring Sabretooth back, though. he's always been my favorite. and I've never thought Wolverine should be able to trounce on him like he does.
HorrorBob
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:29 am  Reply with quote

Actually from what I've read it suposed to take place after the X-men movies. With Woverine going back to his roots and finding out how he became "Woverine" in the first place. I wonder what villian they'll fax into the film though.
value
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:44 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

HorrorBob wrote:
Actually from what I've read it suposed to take place after the X-men movies. With Woverine going back to his roots and finding out how he became "Woverine" in the first place. I wonder what villian they'll fax into the film though.

id love to see the REAL Omega Red in this and Maverick too.

but after seeing X3 i dont know what direction they would take this with since they took that film straight into the ground.
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

Well it looks like they edited the sci-fiwire article and added the word "teased" instead of promised and took out the year.
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

If they're smart, they'll produce a "Wolverine" movie far different from what we've come to expect in the X-Men franchise. Just like the Wolverine comic (when it first was published) was very different in style and tone from the main X-Men comics.

A stand-alone Wolverine needs to be dark, gritty, much more violent and much more bloody. That is the world Logan comes from. It should move away from the X-Men as Superheroes realm and more into Wolverine the assassin/vigilante/merc-for-hire world. Logan as the anti-hero with many shades of gray in a film noir backdrop.

Give the audience a movie like that and it'll keep the mainstream audience guessing and suprised while satisfying the fan-base. Done right and successful will pump more interest and therefore $$$ back into the original franchise.
ZombiDead
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:09 am  Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I'd love to see Jackman with an eye patch, sitting in a bar..........

Just me though.........
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:58 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

I just want to see him fight some fucking ninjas.
Marduk
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:59 am  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:
If they're smart, they'll produce a "Wolverine" movie far different from what we've come to expect in the X-Men franchise. Just like the Wolverine comic (when it first was published) was very different in style and tone from the main X-Men comics.

A stand-alone Wolverine needs to be dark, gritty, much more violent and much more bloody. That is the world Logan comes from. It should move away from the X-Men as Superheroes realm and more into Wolverine the assassin/vigilante/merc-for-hire world. Logan as the anti-hero with many shades of gray in a film noir backdrop.

Give the audience a movie like that and it'll keep the mainstream audience guessing and suprised while satisfying the fan-base. Done right and successful will pump more interest and therefore $$$ back into the original franchise.

I agree 100% but don't you think thats kind of a stretch for hollywood?
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:01 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title

They probably won't make it very dark at all. Alot of young kids and their parents' money have already become attached to the character. They won't risk that profit, no matter how cool the idea.
Walter Paisley
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:56 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, the most obvious choice would be to use the plot from every other Direct to Video action movie from the 90's, like they did with ELEKTRA (Loner on the run befriends single parent/romantic interest and opens his/her heart to the plucky kid . . . ).
EvilRex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

I suppose it's all a matter of who will be involved in the production of the film. If it is same team that brought us X-Men 3, then I doubt, highly, that they'll bring us a Wolverine movie that the fans really want.

If the studios bring in fresh, original artists (please, no more music video hacks) with a new eye on the established franchise and film version of the character while holding respect for the source material we may get what we want.

It is too much to ask for Hollywood to deliver an R-rated Wolverine flick. I know that won't happen. But there have been gritty, tense PG-13 thrillers made before (The Jason Bourne movies come to mind).
Fireflyfan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:47 pm  Reply with quote

EvilRex wrote:

Looking at X3's numbers (over $400 mill worldwide) I don't think the franchise needs "$$$" and "more interest". It's pretty much healthier than ever, in terms of that.

I can't see them going hardcore with this...I'm surprised with how much violence they have gotten into pg13 movies. Loving all three movies, I am definitly up for this installment, if/when it happens.