Kevin Smith Treats Fans to Red State Teaser Poster

default-featured-image

Everyone is in the Halloween spirit today, including film maven Kevin Smith, who announced today via his blog that he’s completed the first cut of his upcoming fear flick, Red State, and offered a quick look at some pretty badass teaser art!

It’s “moody, weird, and pitch-perfect for the tone of the film,” states Smith on his blog. “If I went out to an ad agency here in town, I’d be billed close to 20 grand for a campaign that’d maybe… maybe… include this poster. But this piece of artwork (I call it “The Holy Ghost”) didn’t come from a top-tier ad agency: Jon Gordon is my RED STATE producer, and this poster was created by his assistant, Melissa Bloom. So we’ve got a marketing image that was put together by someone who was on set every day, integral to the process that produced the film which inspired this image. This isn’t the work of some gun for hire who’s doing six other campaigns; we’re not just one of many. The marketer is actually family, RED from pre-production all the way through wrap, so she’s got an insight into the flick that no ad agency could ever boast (not even one-time Glo-Coat golden boy Don Draper over at SCDP). I’ll take passion over pedigree any day.”

Red State stars Kyle Gallner, Melissa Leo, Dermot Mulroney, Michael Angarano, Steven Root, Michael Parks, and John Goodman. Be sure to keep up with Kevin Smith on Twitter for more!

Kevin Smith Treats Fans to Red State Teaser Poster

Uncle Creepy

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Fear God in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized