Short Film Spotlight: Spencer Susser’s I Love Sarah Jane

default-featured-image

Here at Dread Central we’re always on the lookout for cool videos and short films to share with our readers, and today we’re happy to present “I Love Sarah Jane”, a short film written by Spencer Susser (who also directed) and David Michôd. Set in a smoky, grey sky of a world populated by zombies and survivalist children, “I Love Sarah Jane” stars the always fabulous Mia Wasikowska.

Blue-Tongue FilmsAh, young love. The air seems clearer. The sun seems brighter. There’s a spring in the step. Too bad about the zombie apocalypse.

For a bit of background on the filmmakers, Susser’s Hesher, a comedy featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Natalie Portman, premiered and got picked up at Sundance, and Michôd’s Animal Kingdom, which won the world cinema jury prize at Sundance, has received rapturous reviews all year long along with dark horse Oscar talk for terrifying matriarch Jacki Weaver. Both are members of the Aussie Blue-Tongue Films group of up-and-coming creators of short films, music videos, and features.

As for “I Love Sarah Jane”, in the span of 15 minutes there’s the stuff of tentative young love, a new spin on a zombie world, and, in what’s a trademark for these guys, a heck of an ending. Watch and enjoy!

For more visit Blue-Tongue Films on Facebook.

Debi Moore

VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!
Got news? Click here to submit it!
Fall in love and fight zombies in the comments section below!

Image Type 1:

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized:Uncategorized