Brad Peyton Talks Rampage Adaptation!

default-featured-image

The upcoming video game adaptation Rampage starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will be crushing its way to theaters on April 20, 2018, but recently We Got This Covered sat down with director Brad Peyton (San Andreas) for a glimpse of what to expect.

With Rampage, we are using our love of the original game as our inspiration,” Peyton tells the site. “Then we’re going to build a movie, like San Andreas, that is really going to surprise people in what it delivers. It’s going to be a lot more emotional, a lot scarier and a lot more real than you’d expect. So you look at that original concept about a lab that affects these animals and makes them rampage, and that’s the nugget. If they called me tomorrow to do Call of Duty, I wouldn’t want to play any of the Call of Duty games. I’d have to come up with something that deserves to be its own thing. That’s where a lot of these movies can go wrong.

In the Rampage series, people are turned into giant monsters after consuming a new drink product, who then proceed to destroy everything in sight. The roster included a giant ape and a giant lizard in clear references to cinema’s two most famous beasts.

rampage-game-1

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: