Halloween Treat: Love Is Dead in Jerry Smith’s New Short Film

default-featured-image

We have another treat for your Halloween weekend viewing: Jerry Smith’s short film Love Is Dead is now available online, and you can watch it in its entirety right here, courtesy of Sickening Pictures and Dexahlia Productions.

The emotional horror short stars adult film actors Aaron “Small Hands” Thompson and Joanna Angel alongside genre favorite Ruben Pla (Insidious, Big Ass Spider!).

Love Is Dead is written and directed by Jerry Smith.  Smith’s dark drama deals with the real horror we can force each other to endure. The filmmaker drew inspiration from his own life to tap into the raw emotion.

“I strove to make an emotional horror short about the destructive and abusive power of what we say,” explains Smith. “While writing the script, I was in the middle of a painful divorce, one that had many ups and even more downs throughout the eight years we were married. It was a toxic relationship and one which became very emotionally violent, leading both of us down very upsetting and destructive paths. My real life motivated the writing of Love Is Dead, the story of my ex-wife and I and how sometimes something very beautiful and full of love can eventually turn into something painful and full of hate.”

The film was executive produced by Craig Walendziak with line producer/1st assistant director BJ Colangelo and producer Zach Shildwachter, who also served as the short’s cinematographer.

Synopsis:
A man recounts the final moment of his marriage and tries to determine if he could have saved his wife… and himself.

Enough talk… let’s see if you agree with Jerry that Love Is Dead.

loveisdead2

loveisdead3

loveisdead1

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: