The Legion of Michael Wants YOU!

default-featured-image

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

“I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes… the devil’s eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy’s eyes was purely and simply… evil.”

In 1978 John Carpenter began writing his own chapter of horror history when he unleashed The Shape onto audiences everywhere with his mega hit, Halloween. Thus began a reign of bloodshed that has lasted nearly three decades. Now, writer/director Rob Zombie is set to bring his own flavor of terror to the franchise, and he’s looking for you to join him in the horror history books!

Rob Zombie, in association with Dread Central, Bloody Disgusting, Shock Till You Drop, Arrow in the Head, and The Halloween Mask Association, is pleased to announce:

THE LEGION OF MICHAEL (click for larger image)

“So many fans have Michael masks and dress as Michael for Halloween, I figured fuck it, let’s take it to a new level,” says Zombie about THE LEGION OF MICHAEL. “Obviously cynics will treat it like some lame publicity thing, but that’s not the intention. I have tried my best to keep anything cheap or exploitive away from Halloween. I want it to be created by the fans and for the fans who love this character.

I always knew that Halloween had die-hard fans, but it wasn’t until I began work on my new version of Halloween that I really began to understand just how insanely deep the love of Michael Myers goes. I take working on this new version of Halloween very serious, and I especially take the character of Michael Myers dead serious. I know the fans are worried I’ve change things about this iconic character, but I haven’t. I’ve added some things but haven’t taken away any of the classic elements we all love. Come August 31, I think you are gonna be pretty fucking happy.

Michael is back on the big screen, bigger and badder than ever! So let’s fucking live it up.”

Excited? You should be! This is the first time a group of your favorite horror websites have come together with a filmmaker to work together toward one goal –to make the latest night HE came home truly memorable for many years to come.

Becoming part of THE LEGION OF MICHAEL is simple. All you have to do is break out your favorite Myers mask and head out to theatres starting August 31st, 2007. While you’re there that weekend to watch the flick in full Michael regalia, just send each site pictures of you doing so.

Why send pictures, you ask?

Well, upon receiving your photos, each site will pick the best shot. I know what you’re thinking … “What then?” Are you ready? I know. I tease. Each site will be giving away its own unique mask from the film (note:not the traditional Myers mask, but one Michael makes while at Smithsgrove) to the selected winners. That’s right, as if taking part in the festivities weren’t fun enough, by doing so you’ll actually have a chance to score a mask from the film itself! Even better, you can submit your photos to each site so that gives you five chances of winning! Not too shabby, eh? Pictures of the winners and the runners-up will be posted on each website so if nothing else, this will be your 15 minutes of fame!

Please keep in mind this promotion is meant to be in good fun so there are some rules you’ll have to abide by because we don’t want anyone getting into any trouble and assume no responsibility for those that do:

• Contestants should not enter stores, disrupting business or destroying property, unless it is cleared beforehand by the store owner.
  • Contestants are not to directly approach anyone, much less chase them. If a person shies away, move along.
  • Contestants should not block traffic or disrupt their surroundings. A location should be exactly the way it was when you arrived after you leave it.
  • If you’re asked to remove the mask, do so without incident or protest.
  • The contest ends Sunday, September 2nd. So you have three days to get us the goods!

The e-mail addresses for sending in photos will be text@dreadcentral.com, so make sure you get that into your phone ASAP! Bes sure check out The Official Rob Zombie’s Halloween MySpace site here for more details on the film and the inside word from the man himself — Rob Zombie.

While you’re here, check out our Halloween archive, hit up our Broadband section for the film’s trailer, and click here to check out exclusive Halloween related interviews, podcasts, and other surprises!

Uncle Creepy

Got news? Click here to submit it!
    Make horror history in our forums!
    Want free stuff? Bring us new blood!

Share: 

Categorized: