What’s This? New Friday the 13th Details?

default-featured-image

With all the dark and dreary news surrounding the lawsuit over the rights to the Friday the 13th franchise, it’s nice to post something that falls on the positive side of the fence.

During an interview with Collider, Platinum Dunes producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller teased the following details regarding the next dance with Mr. Voorhees.

In terms of fun, making [the 2009 film] was so fun. The cast was great, we were in a great setting, everyone got along. We had a lot of fun making that movie and we always wanted to go back to Crystal Lake and make another one. There were so many obstacles to surmount to get to where we are today. I’m not going to bore you with all of them but for a long time, there was a rights issue between Paramount and Warner Bros. Then there was an execution issue. At one point, the studio wanted us to make a found-footage version of that movie and that was deeply concerning to us because we didn’t think we could execute the movie in the right way if it was a found-footage movie.

No, Jason is a POV movie. So, it was very hard to wrap our head around how you would do a Friday the 13th that was found footage, knowing that we really need the Jason perspective of watching. We didn’t want to break the DNA of that. We also battled: do we do a sequel to the original? Do we pick up where we left off with Jared and Amanda at the end of the movie? Somehow, that didn’t find a home. So, it’s been eight years. It will be eight years since we made the last one. I’m here to say that we found the location. We have found the lake, we have found the camp. We found an amazing script by Aaron Guzikowski. Breck Eisner is directing the movie. That movie is shooting in early spring.

All this comes on the heels of the news that Jason will be a busy camper in the next installment. Dare I say it… Things are looking up!

jason voorhees

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: