FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Sony discontinues the 60 PS3 after markdown!
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Actually, it is the same Sony that brought us the PS2. The underutilized HDD, the chaotic and uniformed online network, early production flaws that were never addressed until much later. Sounds about the same.

The more time goes on, the more I think that Sony got more lucky than good with the PS2. It's a good system out of the box, and the checks they wrote that they then couldn't cash weren't enough to totally derail it. They were facing a first time unproven system in XBox, and Nintendo wasn't doing enough for make the Gamecube a big system. But now, the 360 has had a jump on them for more than a year, the Wii took off on the strength of it's pick up and playability, and Sony is left floundering, doing all of the wrong things both with hardware and public perception. I could be wrong, outside of the gaming wags and online opinions, people could be buying it like crazy, like Sony would want you to believe. But something tells me that's not happening. I don't know one person in my circle of friends that have bought a PS3 yet, except to sell it back off. And most of these guys have 360's and Wii's already.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:51 am  Reply with quote

I can't comment on any hardware flaws because I never had one problem with mine. I still own an original PS2 and it works fine. My friend's PS2 lasted for 4 or 5 years until it died. He got his 3-5 months after launch.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 am  Reply with quote

I went through three of them. Each one was an early model that had a failing optical drive. This was the problem that Sony finally decided to fix for free until 2005.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:59 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Kryten Syxx wrote:
I went through three of them. Each one was an early model that had a failing optical drive. This was the problem that Sony finally decided to fix for free until 2005.

I think that's why Sony and Microsoft have to sell their systems on the cool factor. Because if people were smart, they wouldn't buy one until 2 years after a system's released. My friend just had his THIRD 360 Ring Of Death on him, and now, he thinks he may have to just send the system back and pick up the Elite. If it weren't for all the rich assholes who have this sick need to own a money pit of a game system the first day of release (and no offense to those people here who have bought a system day one, trust me, I've felt that tug before), the gaming companies would go down faster than Paris on X at Fashion Week.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
HORRORCHILDX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

i think the clincher to the whole episode thus far was actually having the balls to announce plans for ps 4-6. that was the ultimate slap in the face