Melodic Mayhem: The Casket Creatures

default-featured-image

With so many bands to look at in the horrorpunk genre, sometimes a person coming into it for the first time could potentially be overwhelmed. Yes, there are more bands and artists here that you can look into, but without a doubt there are some that stand out more than others. One of these bands is The Casket Creatures.

Since the release of their first album Tales From The Unknown in 2011, The Casket Creatures have been representing the scene proudly with several releases full of horrorpunk singalongs that absolutely rock. Songs like “Gore On The Dance Floor” “Candarian” and “Evil Comes Home” announced a new force within the genre. The band would return in 2013 with the appropriately titled Sex, Blood And Rock N’ Roll featuring songs about Lizzie Borden (“Lizzie’s Song”), Insidious (“The Further”) and throwback horror (“B-Movie Massacre”) that showed a band growing more into more accomplished musicians.

2014 would see a 7-song ep called She Screams which would feature a skit and song that would be turned into a video of which the band has arguably become most known for. The skit “Planet Wolfton” and its accompanying song “Zombie Werewolves From Outer Space” would get an absolutely uproarious video which can be found below. The songs and video helped showcase a band with a sense of humor and a true love of horror.

Earlier this year the band released their newest and finest album Deranged. A band firing on all cylinders, Deranged features songs based around cult hits such as Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil, (“Tucker And Dale”) classics like the Nightmare On Elm Street series (“Springwood Slasher,” which I would happily argue as one of the best horrorpunk songs about Freddy Krueger that I have ever heard!) and even a sequel to one of their earlier songs with “Gore On The Dance Floor 2 (One More Kill).”

And now, I am also extremely happy to announce that Dread Central will be hosting the EXCLUSIVE online premiere of the bands brand new video for the song “Hexed” off of Deranged on October 4th! So make sure to come back and check out the new video! I’ve seen the rough cut and I can tell you it is absolutely going to be worth your time!

Be sure to head over to the band’s Official Facebook Page to stay up to date, check out the video for “Zombie Werewolves From Outer Space” and head back to Dread Central on October 4th for the Official Premiere of “Hexed!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbtcDijX698

casket-creatures-header

Share: 
Tags:

Categorized: