FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Angel Co-Creator To Exec Produce/Run New CBS Vampire Show
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

belle morte wrote:
A hedge fund trader? Oh Jesus.
I work for a hedge fund and I'll tell you - they're the most unexciting people on the planet.
My enthusiasm level just dropped about 15 notches.

Oh, they'll go the "Bruce Wayne playboy" way with this character, no doubt.

C'mon. belle morte..it's TV...nothing is as it seems, as we know all too well.
belle morte
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:41 pm  Reply with quote

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:
I work for a hedge fund and I'll tell you - they're the most unexciting people on the planet.

I know it's TV - I never turned on Supernatural thinking "hey, some of this stuff might really happen".

I'll give the show a shot. I'm not saying outright it's going to suck - I haven't seen it. But I'm just wary with the hedge fund trader. I don't want to watch a character on TV that's similar to the schmucks I've spent 9 hours with all day long, that's all. For all we know the show could be brilliant. I'll wait and see.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:49 pm  Reply with quote

belle morte wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:

I know it's TV - I never turned on Supernatural thinking "hey, some of this stuff might really happen".

I'll give the show a shot. I'm not saying outright it's going to suck - I haven't seen it. But I'm just wary with the hedge fund trader. I don't want to watch a character on TV that's similar to the schmucks I've spent 9 hours with all day long, that's all.

For all we know the show could be brilliant. I'll wait and see.

Mr. Green

I totally understand where you're coming from. In any case, he's not the main character so he's not the focal point of the series.
belle morte
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:

I'll give the show a shot. I'm not saying outright it's going to suck - I haven't seen it. But I'm just wary with the hedge fund trader. I don't want to watch a character on TV that's similar to the schmucks I've spent 9 hours with all day long, that's all.

Mr. Green

I totally understand where you're coming from. In any case, he's not the main character so he's not the focal point of the series.

It's just a wait and see thing, I guess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm always interested in finding good stuff to watch on TV. Lately the only good thing has been Dirty Jobs or Spike's mini-marathons of CSI nightly.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:33 pm  Reply with quote

belle morte wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
belle morte wrote:

Mr. Green

It's just a wait and see thing, I guess. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm always interested in finding good stuff to watch on TV. Lately the only good thing has been Dirty Jobs or Spike's mini-marathons of CSI nightly.

I know what you mean. Aside from a few instances, we're in the summer doldrums, TV-wise.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:30 pm  Reply with quote

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
CBS's new vampire series Moonlight continues to be retooled.

They already announced that British actress Sophia Myles (Underworld, Tristan & Isolde, Underworld: Evolution) has been cast as the female lead, replacing Shannon Lucio in the role.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070628/tv_nm/moonlight_dc

The newest news is that Jason Dohring (he played Logan Echolls on Veronica Mars) will replace Rade Serbedzija in the role of ancient vampire Josef as they've reconceptualized the character as a youthful-looking, mischievous hedge-fund trader.

Ooh, a hot young cast with little in the way of acting ability. And it's on CBS!

This show is, pardon the pun, really gonna suck.
belle morte
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:

They already announced that British actress Sophia Myles (Underworld, Tristan & Isolde, Underworld: Evolution) has been cast as the female lead, replacing Shannon Lucio in the role.

The newest news is that Jason Dohring (he played Logan Echolls on Veronica Mars) will replace Rade Serbedzija in the role of ancient vampire Josef as they've reconceptualized the character as a youthful-looking, mischievous hedge-fund trader.

Ooh, a hot young cast with little in the way of acting ability. And it's on CBS!

Will it be something we can really sink our teeth into?
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

belle morte wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:

Will it be something we can really sink our teeth into?

I hear it's really got bite!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:18 am  Reply with quote

Moonlight has been retooled yet again.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-s...ap-tv-headlines

Shannyn Sossamon (A Knight's Tale, [i]The Order, 40 Days And 40 Nights, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) replaces Amber Valletta in the role of Coraline, the lead character's bride who turned him into a vampire on their wedding night 60 years ago.
Fireflyfan
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:35 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
A show about a vampire P.I.? My God, how original! Razz

Honestly, I think Greenwalt's okay, but he seems to do his best when working with others' visions. His most notable work was on ANGEL, BUFFY and THE X-FILES -- all shows that were other people's babies.

On his own, he produces stuff like JAKE 2.0. Neutral

I'll check this out, but cautiously. Alan Ball's vamp show for HBO, TRUE BLOOD, sounds a helluva lot more interesting. Of course, Alan Ball is a friggin' genius, as well.

I've heard Joss actually had little to do with angel, aside from co-creating the lead character and other characters- I heard Greenwalt was more or less the show runner, with imput from Joss occassionally.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm  Reply with quote

Everything I've heard, especially from Tim Minear, said Whedon was heavily involved with it. It's also notable that the best seasons (4 and 5) came after Greenwalt had departed, first for MIRACLES and then for JAKE 2.0.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm  Reply with quote

Well, fuck. I hope he's okay.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i3d0f320aaf6dea31c4a9ebb7fd061b91

Quote:
Greenwalt exits CBS' Moonlight
By Nellie Andreeva

July 27, 2007
David Greenwalt has stepped down as executive producer/showrunner of CBS' fall drama series Moonlight for personal, health reasons.

Moonlight, from Warner Bros. TV and Silver Pictures TV, centers on a private investigator (Alex O'Loughlin) who is a vampire.

Greenwalt, co-creator/executive producer of another vampire-themed series, WB's Angel, joined Moonlight at the end of May.

He oversaw the retooling of the show and shepherded the new pilot script.

Greenwalt's departure is not going to affect production on Moonlight now underway, and a new showrunner is expected to be named shortly.

Aside from yourself Messiahman (Wink), who would you like to see as the new showrunner of Moonlight? Tim Minear? Someone not as high profile but still very talented? I'm racking my brain trying to think of decent showrunners for this series.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:19 am  Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd prefer the show just be sacked. It's a been-there-done-that concept that was doomed the moment it was announced. Even more doomed when they announced that exceptional thesp Rade Serbedzija was being replaced by flavor of the minute (and loony Scientologist) Jason Dohring.

Ultimately, who cares who runs it? It's trite, hackneyed crap with bad actors that'll be canceled soon enough.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:27 am  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Honestly, I'd prefer the show just be sacked. It's a been-there-done-that concept that was doomed the moment it was announced. Even more doomed when they announced that exceptional thesp Rade Serbedzija was being replaced by flavor of the minute (and loony Scientologist) Jason Dohring.

Ultimately, who cares who runs it? It's trite, hackneyed crap with bad actors that'll be canceled soon enough.

I just really hope that that Amber Tamblyn zombie drama series Babylon Fields (which I hear all the critics that saw it loved) gets a pickup; in CBS's initial May upfronts they announced that Babylon Fields could still get a pickup if some of their fall lineup fizzles.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:44 am  Reply with quote

More Amber Tamblyn is never a bad thing.