FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> So I Bought a PS3
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

I will have to wait till September/October for some good games though. So far I haven't had any problems with the system. Killzone better be worth it when it's released in September.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:34 am  Reply with quote

I'm going to buy one in August, before they lower the price and take the Emotion engine out of it.
I need the Emotion engine to play my PS2 library on the backwards compatibility.
Once they take those chips out, backwards compatability will only be through a software emulation download, and they are having big problems with that and the games not working right.
The games will come, we just have a drought right now.
I'm still enjoying my PS2 games and just started God of War 2.
I'm getting a 360 too, just to enjoy the games on both platforms.
GTA4 and MGS4 are coming!! We just have to wait.
Congrats on the PS3! Very Happy
Don't let anyone give you shit about it.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:52 am  Reply with quote

Thanks aj, I like the 360 as well but I'm more of a die-hard PlayStation fan. Getting the PlayStation on my b-day has alot to do with that. It was an excellent surprise. I think I was 12 at the time. That's when I got hooked on Resident Evil. Very Happy

When I saw the MGS4 Trailer my jaw hit the floor! Beyond amazing! I can't wait!
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

If only Sony had worried more about getting developers to make games for launch instead of pumping all their efforts into the childish hype ... oh well.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:23 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
If only Sony had worried more about getting developers to make games for launch instead of pumping all their efforts into the childish hype ... oh well.

You just described the exact release agenda for the PSP.

Funny that...
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:33 am  Reply with quote

Cash Bailey wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:

You just described the exact release agenda for the PSP.

Funny that...
Yeah the PSP was DOA. A complete waste.
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 am  Reply with quote

I got sucked in and bought a PSP.

Still got it. But I forget I have one for months at a time.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I was really excited about the PSP. but then it came out, the reports about defects and Sony's brazen attitude about it really put me off, despite all the neat features it has.

If they had added a dual analog system to it, even it it was just the nubs, the thing would be bigger because the games would be better. But they really shot themselves in the foot with the design.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

I had a PSP too at launch. Right out of the box it had dead pixels ... but at least it worked unlike my PS3 and my friends PS3 which were both fucked so bad you couldn't even play them.

Dealing with Sony's "help center" was a real treat...
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
I had a PSP too at launch. Right out of the box it had dead pixels ... but at least it worked unlike my PS3 and my friends PS3 which were both fucked so bad you couldn't even play them.

Dealing with Sony's "help center" was a real treat...
Were you able to send it in to get it fixed? I'm not sure but I think there are fewer defective PS3's than there are defective 360's. I waited a couple months after launch before I decided to purchase a 360 because of the problems owners were having with the system. I went to Costco to get the bundle and then 2 months later I started to get "Cannot read disc errors" when I would play games. I can't even play DVD's anymore. The system doesn't recognize them. At the time my system started to have problems my warranty had only expired by a couple weeks. I was sooo pissed. So now I have to pay $130 to have it fixed.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:57 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, so much negativity for the PSP. I just got one a few months ago 'cause the price dropped. Now I can't put it down. I've converted a ton of DVDs to PSP, ordered cool titles like THE SILENT HILL EXPERIENCE, GUN, TEKKEN, DEF JAM, KILL ZONE, FULL AUTO 2...

I love this little dream machine. I use it at Wi-Fi spots around the city, use the PDF reader to download ebooks and movie scripts, keep all my music on it, and have dozens of horror trailers, interviews, and short films on it.

No dead pixels, no problems whatsoever.

If anything were to happen to it, I'd pick up another in a second.

The main reason it works for me, however, is because I'm a chain smoker who only smokes outside. Now I can relax on my patio, chain smoking Camels, while playing GRAND THEFT AUTO VICE CITY STORIES.
conundrum
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:53 am  Reply with quote

Enjoy your $600 paperweight!

But seriously, if that is the right console for you, congrats.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:01 am  Reply with quote

What always bothered me was that the PS3 used the same menu system as the PSP. Not much innovation there ... but at least they finally (what? 6-8 months later) updated the Blu-ray to play 720p.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:30 am  Reply with quote

conundrum wrote:
Enjoy your $600 paperweight!

But seriously, if that is the right console for you, congrats.
I have the 360 as well so while I'm waiting for some good PS3 titles I'll just play the 360. People forget that the 360 had shit games when it first came out.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

Fuck brand loyalty.

I used to be a Sony person. Loved it. Then I went through five PS2's.

Five.

My loyalty only brought me headaches. I've never had a problem with my 360, and truth be told, it's probably my favorite console ever.