FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Hex on BBCAmerica
Darkspider
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 am  Reply with quote

I just saw a preview to this show. It looks good. It will show on BBC America, CH 264 on DirecTV, June 2. This is not the preview I saw but it will give you an idea about the show.

HEX
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:23 am  Reply with quote

Darkspider wrote:
I just saw a preview to this show. It looks good. It will show on BBC America, CH 264 on DirecTV, June 2. This is not the preview I saw but it will give you an idea about the show.

HEX

Yep, they just ran a marathon today showing the entire first season (BBC American Edition) plus two "never before seen episodes" and the season two premire (BBC America Edition).. soo.. basically they ran the marathon and kicked off the second season with three new episodes. They also aired some "making of" stuff during the commercial breaks and between episodes, that stuff was actually kind of nifty, but wow.. I had forgotten how up and down this show was. At least Thelma's still fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:28 am  Reply with quote

Thelma and the Jemima Rooper are hot, Cassie was a royal cunt from the very first episode, one of the many reasons why I could never get into "Hex." I still am curious where the comparison to "Buffy" comes in with this shitty series.

Otherwise, I know the cast changes with season two, but I'm not willing to go through another series again and give it a second chance, so I'll pass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Thelma and the Jemima Rooper are hot, Cassie was a royal cunt from the very first episode, one of the many reasons why I could never get into "Hex." I still am curious where the comparison to "Buffy" comes in with this shitty series.

Otherwise, I know the cast changes with season two, but I'm not willing to go through another series again and give it a second chance, so I'll pass.

As usual, you're right on the money, Terminal.

As I believe I mentioned before, I gave Hex a chance and watched a few episodes. It just doesn't gel well. From what I've gleaned thanks to the comments of British viewers on another message board, Sky One wanted the rights to air Buffy The Vampire Slayer. They did not get said rights. So the powers that be at the network decided to craft their own supernatural series. And it shows, IMHO. The whole thing feels like a teen soap opera devised for The CW with perfunctory supernatural elements.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:18 am  Reply with quote

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Terminal wrote:

As usual, you're right on the money, Terminal.

As I believe I mentioned before, I gave Hex a chance and watched a few episodes. It just doesn't gel well. From what I've gleaned thanks to the comments of British viewers on another message board, Sky One wanted the rights to air Buffy The Vampire Slayer. They did not get said rights. So the powers that be at the network decided to craft their own supernatural series. And it shows, IMHO. The whole thing feels like a teen soap opera devised for The CW with perfunctory supernatural elements.

The show's ads are centered around the supernatural elements, when in reality the supernatural elements are secondary and often times completely missing from certain episodes.

I gave it a huge chance, but I really wanted Cassie to die at the end of the first series.

I can imagine why it has a following, but I hated this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:52 am  Reply with quote

Who's the girl that was having sex with the priest demon? I think she's hot , she's like the "Cordella" of this show. I did see a few episodes during the marathon, it's like "Charmed" on steroids.
Mistress
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
Who's the girl that was having sex with the priest demon? I think she's hot , she's like the "Cordella" of this show. I did see a few episodes during the marathon, it's like "Charmed" on steroids.

Amber Sainsbury plays Roxanne. She was in Poseidon and in the upcoming 30 Days of Night.